Chapter 35

Mark's POV

They're together.

I saw this coming, and yet...why does it hurt? As if I still expected her to like me back?

I swallowed the lump in my throat, forced a smile on my face and let Kylie drag me back to their house to prove to Kris that I didn't betray him. This just dampen my already sinking mood. How could Kris ever think that I would do such traitorous thing to him?

And he died, actually thinking that I betrayed him! He lived as a ghost for three years, hating me for something that I didn't do! Who could blame him though? He loved Crystal and to see your beloved kissing another guy was just... unimaginably painful.

And thus, I explained the whole story to Kris to make him realize that he was hating Crystal and I for nothing. I, myself, don't hate Crystal, despite everything that she had done to ruin other people's lives, including mine, Kylie's, and most of all, Kris'. She was unfortunately mentally unstable and couldn't control her impulsive behavior.

Thankfully, Kris and Kylie understood and stopped hating Crystal, for she was merely a victim to this mental disorder.

Anyways, Kris and I were friends again and were currently giving each other a bro hug. And of course, Jake chose this moment to arrive and enter the living room, wherein we were mending back our once broken friendship. His eyes almost pop out of his skull upon seeing me and Kris hugging each other with Kylie in the background getting teary-eyed.

Both Kris and I instantly jumped away from each other when Jake sneered at us.

Uh-oh, shit's about to go down.

"Really?! You bastards just can't keep your hands off each other?!"

I stepped up, attempting to explain the situation. I gestured my hands for him to calm down. "Jake, calm-"

"Don't tell me to calm down, Mark!" He stabbed me at the chest with his index finger.  "Their ship is sailing, okay?! You're not going to just enter the picture and sink the said ship! You understand?"

I stared at him in confusion and opened my mouth to say something, but he cut me off. "And look at her! Does she look happy to see you both hugging each other?!"

I turned to glance at Kylie's tear-streaked face. Her eyes were glistening with tears. And those were tears of joy, by the way, which Jake was too blind to see at the moment.

I turned back to Jake who was still fuming like a mad protective mother dragon, ready to breathe fire at poor me and Kris.

"Actually," I said slowly and cautiously. "She does look happy with what she saw." I honestly finished whilst nodding my head.

Unfortunately, my answer was not taken too well since he clenched his fists and was about to swing one at me. Kylie then decided to be the hero this time.

"Jake! That's enough!" Kylie said with a stern voice that made Jake stop his oncoming assault. He turned his head to look at Kylie, and his face, which was scrunched up in anger earlier, transformed into a softer one.

He walked briskly towards Kylie with an unreadable expression plastered on his face. And then like a mother dragon indeed, he said in a soft but firm voice. "But Kylie, you can't let them do this to you! You're not a freaking martyr!"

I sighed exasperatedly and looked at Kris who was glaring daggers at Jake. Why are the two of us always accused of being gay, anyways? Seriously, WHY???

"Why. Am. I. Always. Thought. To. Be. Gay?" Kris muttered through his gritted teeth, emphasizing every word. Dude, my thoughts exactly.

Jake shot him a flat look. "You think you're the only one? There's the three of us." He said, motioning his hand to the three of us.