Chapter 33

Kylie's POV

"Kylie! Wake up!" I heard Jake shout from outside the door all the while pounding the poor thing. "It's Monday!"

I ignored my annoying brother, pulling the blanket over my head to muffle his obnoxious loud voice.

"Hey! If you don't get your butt out of there, I swear--" He abruptly stopped for a moment before his footsteps disappeared down the hallway.

I sighed in relief and snuggled against my pillow.

"Kylie," a voice so soothing whispered in my ear. "You need to get up."

"Hmm, five more minutes," I mumbled against the pillow.

"If you don't get up, I'll kiss you." Now, I know who the owner of the voice is. But I don't mind being kissed by him first thing in the morning.

I didn't answer and pressed my face deeper into my pillow. A few seconds later, my blanket was thrown off my body, making me shiver as the cold breeze touched my skin. I opened my eyes to glare at Kris only to see his face just a few inches from mine. The sleepiness in my body immediately went out of the window, making me fully aware that I might have eye boogers, and my breath was not that aromatic every morning. I was not worried about my body because it was fully clothed with Mickey Mouse pajama and T-shirt.

When he saw that I was fully awake, he smirked down at me and pulled himself away. I loudly sighed in relief when he did that. He raised an eyebrow at me, his smirk was replaced by a scowl. "What? You don't want me that close?"

Of course not! You might smell my bad breath, you idiot! On top of that, I might kiss you if you're that close to me next time.

"Duh, you were invading my personal space." I replied instead as I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I was not successful in going inside the bathroom, though. The damn door was locked. Before I knew it, a very cliche scene took place. I was pinned against the wall beside the door with Kris trapping me.

Kris tilted his head slightly to the side as his intense eyes bore into me. "Some girls would very much like it when someone they like invade their personal space. Even more so when that someone did more than just invade their stupid space."

I couldn't even open my mouth to retort back, knowing he was very close to me. I could feel my face heat up as I force myself to come up with a comeback.

"I-I am not o-one of those g-girls." I stammered a pathetic retort. The very small space between us didn't help my pitiful state.

"KYLIE! You're gonna be late if you don't hurry up!" Thanks to my godsent brother, Kris was distracted for a second. And a second was what I needed to escape the said ghost. Technically, I couldn't escape from him since he could practically appear out of nowhere wherever I was, but he wouldn't dare follow me in the bathroom if he didn't want a repeat of what happened in this exact bathroom.

When I twisted the doorknob, I realized that the door was still locked. Before I was able to turn around to demand him to open the door, I heard the lock clicked. I glance behind me to see where he was, and he was nowhere to be found.

I was confused for a while, but I shrugged it off. I was going to be late, damn it.

~~

Upon passing by Mark's house, I noticed that he was already gone because his car was not in their driveway.

He's probably at the hospital, taking care of Crystal. How he managed to do that and still pass our tests was beyond me. Come to think of it, why is he the one taking care of Crystal? Where are her parents, anyway?