Chapter 9

Kylie's POV

6 weeks have passed after Kris showed up to my friends. Two more weeks 'til the summer vacation ends. Rachelle and Kris got closer, Maria and Jake got closer, too. I'm happy for you, Maria! As for me and Mark, of course, we got closer, too. In fact, much closer. Yay! for me!

We are now sitting in the living room, all of us. As for Maria and Jake, they are playing with some dolls and toys in their hands.

"Oh, hi. I'm Maria." Maria said, playing with Barbie.

"Maria. What a pretty name for a pretty lady." Now, it's Jake's turn to speak, playing with the boy version of Barbie. Then, Jake picked a dinosaur toy out of nowhere.

"Roar!!" He shouted, putting his hands in the air to make the dinosaur look like it's flying.

"Ahh! Save me!" Maria imitated Barbie's voice while screaming.

I just shook my head at their childishness. I heard Rachelle's giggle at the far corner with Kris on her side. I bet they're watching some chick-flick movies again. Ah, Rachelle, what happened to you? Why are you so girly now? I almost think that she's not the Rachelle I knew anymore, but seeing her give Mark the cold shoulder just like she used to give boys when they talk to her, I know that she  only just opened up to Kris.

"Hey. I just noticed that your friend over there," Mark said, pointing at Rachelle,"is acting differently when she's with Kris." he continued.

"Yeah. I noticed that, too. And it's bothering me. She's not falling for him, right?" I asked him. His eyes widened at the possibility.

"Oh, no. We must keep that from happening." he said.

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him. I don't see anything wrong with falling in love with a g-

"Oh, my goodness." I gasped.

"I bet you got it already. Humans mustn't fall in love with ghosts. It will only hurt them. No matter how much they wanted to be with each other, how much they love each other, they can't possibly be together until the end because, well obviously, the other one was meant to be dead, and the other one was meant to live. That's why love is blind. Your heart don't choose who to love. It's up to you what to follow, your heart or your mind. And that's the problem. Sometimes the two of them conflict. " Mark said softly. Hurt, pain and grief flashed in his brown eyes as he said the statement. How could he know these things? It's like he already experienced this. He's so mature. 

I can see that he's remembering his moments with Kris when he's still alive. I didn't bother questioning them about what happened in the past 'cause it will only cause them to feel the pain they felt back then. I felt bad for Kris. He didn't even had the chance to love someone. I wonder what would Kris be like if he's still alive, if he had the chance to love someone wholeheartedly? Will he be the same jerk as he is now or not?

Oh, yeah. He has stopped bothering me since he had Rachelle to entertain him. I was snapped back to reality when Mark spoke up.

"Sorry to say this, but we have to keep Rachelle from falling for Kris even though he's the only guy who has gotten to her good side." Mark said, smiling sadly.

"Wait. Why only Rachelle? What about Kris?" I asked.

"We don't need warn him from falling. We just need to ask him to do some things."

"Why? Doesn't he like Rachelle?"

"No. The way he looks at her, he only sees her as a friend because he already have someone in his heart."
So he does have someone he loves, but lost her because of his death, huh? I wonder who was the lucky girl that caught the attention of this cold-hearted jerk.