Chapter 5

Kris's POV

        "It's me Jake! Jake Livingston!" this so-called Jake person stated excitedly. Then, a picture of a boy flashed in my mind.

          "Jake?!" I gasped. My eyes almost popped out of my skull. I still couldn't believe that this person in front of me, jumping up and down like a girl, is Jake. The Jake that I've known a long time ago has an average body..and more manly...But now? This muscular body he has was beyond average and his girliness..well..was beyond average, too.

            "Look at you! You're hot, man! I bet many girls are after you now." I commented. I scanned him up and down.

            I don't care if I looked like I'm going to rape him. I just admired his body! It's been only 4 years since I last saw him and he changed a lot! Oh, my goodness! My eyes feel like they're going to melt! Hey! Don't get the wrong idea! I'm not a homosexual, okay?!

           Then, I saw Kylie's eyes widened at the corner of my eye and she gasped. Oh, no! No! I take back what I said earlier! You're getting the wrong idea! I'm a real man! If you still wear that look...I swear!! It hurts my feelings, you know? Being accused as a homosexual is not acceptable!!

           "Of course!" Jake stated proudly. Well, that snapped me back to reality.."I can't believe it! It's really you, Krissy!! Give your buddy a hug!!" I missed that nickname even though that sounds girly. He started running towards me for a hug.

           Did he forget that I'm a ghost?

Humans can't touch me. Well, that put me into a thought. Kylie's tank-like head banged mine a few days ago....She can actually touch me?!

           I was snapped back to reality when Jake's footsteps got louder. I just grinned at him. Then, he passed through me and hugged the beautiful wall. Ouch, that hurts! I laughed at him seeing his expression. After a few seconds, Kylie joined me.

          "Ow! That hurts! Why didn't you tell me earlier that I couldn't touch you?!" He glared at me, but immediately replaced by a sad one. It kinda saddened me, too. Not able to touch your buddy after 4 years of not seeing each other and it reminded me that I'm nothing but a ghost.

           "What's wrong, Jake?" I can see that Kylie was really worried about him.

           "It's just-"

           "Nothing! Everything's okay! Right, Jake?" I quickly interrupted him to change the subject.

            Then, the doorbell rang and Kylie quickly went downstairs.

            Oh, I love you whoever you are, stranger! You just saved me from the awkwardness! You're my saviour!

            "So..why didn't you go to the place where you belong?" Jake started.

            "Well..there's something I couldn't fulfill." My tone turned out to be cold and bitter as I remembered the past.

            Jake noticed that the subject was making me upset, so he changed the subject. "So, what do you think of my sister? Don't tell me you think she's beyond beautiful, just like Mark said earlier."

           My head snapped at his direction. "Mark?! Mark came here earlier?!" I asked raising my tone.

           Jake was taken aback by my sudden outburst. "Yeah, why? He's your neighbor, right?"

            "Yeah. Sorry about that. So where are we again?" I said not wanting to go further.

            "Okay. So, about my sister. What do you think of her?" He said, raising his eyebrow.

           "Why do you ask?" I furrowed my eyebrows wondering 'why does it matter to him, anyway?'

           "Just in case you find her beautiful. If you find her that way, I'm gonna tell you this. She's like a man. In short, she's a tomboy." He whispered, not wanting Kylie to hear what he was saying. Well, she's not like that when it comes to ghosts.

            Then, I heard some footsteps getting closer. I think that's Kylie and her friends. I have some plan for you, Jake.

            "Yeah. I think she's like Hulk when she's angry. Her clothes will be ripped off showing some tiny muscles." I joked causing Jake to laugh his butt out.

           Then, I heard their voices in front of the door. I disappeared when Jake was busy laughing at my comment.

          When they opened the door, they immediately stopped on their tracks. Jake's face was priceless!

            I was laughing my ass out in the living room. Jake's face kept on flashing in my mind.

            Oh, this summer is gonna be fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys!!! I know it's short. That's because I just put the previous scene in Kris's POV. I know you're saying 'Isn't that obvious?' I know, right? So, anyway, thanks for reading! Bye!