Chapter 29

Kylie's POV

I ascended the stairs leading to the attic. My heart was pounding as I near the door.

He's in there. I'm sure of it.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. My eyes widened when I took in his appearance. He was sitting on the floor against the wall with his head between his hands. His hair was a lot messier than usual.

I gulped before advancing towards him. He didn't seem to notice my presence. I slowly knelt in front of him, and looked at his face carefully. His breath was uneven, and his body was slightly trembling.

"Kris," I said softly.

He didn't respond. What the hell happened?

"Kris!" I called firmly. He abruptly looked up, shocked.

His eyes were wide as they stared at mine.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, lifting my hand to touch his face. But before I could even touch him, he slapped my hands and distanced himself away from me.

"No! Get away from me!" He shouted.

I was hurt and shocked at his actions, but I couldn't really blame him. I didn't know what he was going through at the moment.

He glanced at my hands, and frowned slightly. "I-I..."

He closed his eyes before looking at me seriously. "Just...leave me alone before I hurt you again."

I clenched my stinging hands, and looked at him, determined.

How dare he order me to leave him just like that! I mean, after making me feel uneasy for hours, he would just shoo me away?!

I stomped my way towards him, making his eyes widen. I paused dramatically before him and said, "Fine, if that's what you wish."

I quickly turned around and left the room, closing the door.

Kris' POV

I felt miserable after what I've done to Crystal. Of course I took her to the hospital in my human form. I didn't stay long because somebody might recognize me and wonder why I'm still alive.

Turning into human really tired me out, but I couldn't really rest peacefully, knowing that I hurt someone, especially a girl. And not just some girl.

How am I supposed to face Kylie now that I almost killed someone? How am I supposed to face her, knowing that I'm capable of doing such horrible thing? How could I have done that to someone? Am I that evil? How is Crystal? Is she okay? These kind of questions were flooding my mind when she suddenly appeared in front of me.

I didn't mean to slap her hand. It was just a reflex of mine not to let her near me since I'm dangerous.

And she actually...left. Okay, I admit. Part of me was hoping she'd stay, but...I can't let her stay near me and risk her getting hurt just like what happened to Crystal.

The scene where Crystal was lying unconscious on the floor flashed in my mind.

Fuck! How could I have done that?! What if Kylie finds out about it?! She'll hate me! She'll stay away from me. But isn't that what I want? To protect her from myself?

I suddenly recalled how furious I was at Crystal for insulting Kylie and for saying that I belong to her. Shit! I don't even wanna start remembering. I might lose control again.

I turned my back on the door and sat on the floor, leaning against the wall beside me. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply. Why did I have to get carried away? I didn't even know that I'm capable of hurting Crystal like that. Sure, I wanted to get revenge, but not to the point where she could get killed.