Chapter 23

Kylie's POV

"Mia?"

I gawked at the guy in front of us. I just saw him yesterday.

Is this just a coincidence? Is this what they call fate?

I took a look at his haggard face. He had dark circles under his eyes that I didn't even notice last night, and he looked very stressed.

Rachelle threw me a confused look.

"I'll explain later." I whispered to her.

I saw Kris staring at Josh intently. I think he's trying to figure out why this guy looks familiar to him.

Psh. He just met this guy last night, and he already forgot his cute face?

Yeah, Josh's cute. Anyway, I wonder what he's doing here.

"J-josh, what are you doing here?" I forced myself not to stutter.

"What?" He looked confused.

"I said what are you doing here, Josh?" I repeated.

"Oh, I uh.." He looked down.

"Just wandering around. That's all." He muttered.

"Wandering around?" Kris asked with a shock and slightly angry voice. "Where the hell is his parents? Isn't he supposed to be bonding with his parents because they were just freed from those killers?"

My eyes widened at what Kris just said.

Kris has a point!

I saw Rachelle frown at Kris and me.

"Wait, he's involved with the incident yesterday?" Rachelle whispered, her eyes wide.

Kris and I merely glanced at each other. Rachelle took our silence as a yes.

"Is he a victim or one of the culprits?" Rachelle asked, still whispering.

"Um..both?" I said unsurely.

Rachelle furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Um...I'll go now. See ya," Josh mumbled then turned around to walk away.

"Oh, no. We're not done yet, buddy." Rachelle grabbed his arm and turned him around. Josh had this startled look when he faced Rachelle.

She grabbed his arm and took him to a secluded area of the mall. Kris and I followed them like lost puppies.

"Are you the guy who led Kylie to those killers?" Rachelle grabbed his collar.

Josh frowned at Rachelle. "Who?"

Rachelle pointed at me. "Her. Did you bring her to those killers?"

"Oh, so her real name is Kylie." He muttered under his breath. "Yeah, I did bring her to those two."

"Why?" Rachelle narrowed her eyes.

"That's none of your business." Josh glared at Rachelle, taking her hand that was grabbing his collar and stepping back.

"Anything that involves Kylie is my business, bud, so you better tell me now or I'll force it out of you." Rachelle threatened, taking a step towards him.

I was not sure if Rachelle was serious or not, but she looked like she's really going to beat Josh to death if he wouldn't tell her.

Josh seemed scared a little. Well, that's normal. He's facing Rachelle. The girl who punches guys who stand in her way. The girl who can shake your house just by singing.