Recording and Writing

*Louis Tomlinson's POV*

Today, the boys and I were headed to the studio with Danielle and Perrie; my girlfriend Eleanor was to be meeting us there. Actually, we were going to be recording Live While We're Young today! When we reached our destination, I saw someone leave a closed-off room, chuckling to himself. "Hi boys," he said, stopping before he passed us. "One Direction, right?"

"Yes..." I said slowly, wondering where this was going. His daughter was a huge fan, his girlfriend thought Harry's curls were to die for. "And you are?"

"Oh.. eh, you wouldn't know me. I'm Jake Gyllenhall's friend, Joe."

"Joe," I said, nodding in a greeting. "Hey, wasn't Jake dating Taylor Swift?" I received a flick in the arm and pointed look from Eleanor for that. I gave her a 'what?' look, as I was truly curious.

Joe hesitated. "Sort of... I wouldn't bring it up, though. Some people are a little sore on the subject, if you know what I mean." I nodded thoughtfully, even though in reality I had no bloody clue what he meant.

"Well," Zayn said awkwardly, breaking the silence. "It was nice to meet you, Joe." Joe waved goodbye and walked out without another word, only the occasional laughter.

"That was something else..." Perrie said.

"You're telling me," replied Liam. I simply nodded again.

*Taylor Swift's POV*

I drove up to the studio, dressed casually, just going in to show Scott some songs I was thinking about putting on the next album. When I got inside, I got down to business immediately.

We went over songs and I showed him the most recent one. "See, I was thinking maybe if Liz did the harmonizing right here and then Caitlin comes in-" I was cut off when Joe came inside. I mean, just walked in to a closed room.

"Soo.... A little birdie mentioned that you and Jake are a couple again; you're back together?" He winked at me, and I struggled not to vomit.

"Um." I glanced at Scott. "No."

"Really? Not getting back together... again?" His teasing just absolutely set me off into rant mode.

"Oh, PLEASE!" I said as my highly planned opening sentence. "We are never getting back together. He always needed space, or wanted to listen to HIS music, stuff like that. I just got so sick of being on again and off again, because we would fight and I would know it was stupid, but still argue back... He wanted to get back together, but I said no. Like, ever." This went on for around three minutes, me just ranting, before Joe finally put his hands up and left, laughing loudly. I crossed my arms, annoyed. Scott just looked at me, trying not to laugh. He let out a snort.

"Well! We are never, ever getting back together! Is that so wrong?"

"Well, maybe not, but I was thinking it would be wrong if you didn't put that into music." And that's how I wrote the single. We sat down, and, not for the first time, he helped me write it. "So, how did it start? Do you remember?"

"Yeah," I answered, and started writing.

I remember when we broke up

The first time

He looked at it and nodded approvingly. "Why did you break up?" he prompted. This was how we typically started an album. If we both got an idea for a single, he would quiz me to help the lyrics flow, and it would end up a hit.

Saying this is it,

I've had enough

Cause, like,

We hadn't seen each other

In a month

When you

Said you

'Needed space'

What?

"How could I forget? It was this cycle of nonstop breaking up," I answered, and started writing.

'I remember when we broke up the first time.'

"Why did you break up that first time?" This was how we typically started an album. Of course I wrote songs in between, but to figure out what was best for the actual album, we both would get a single idea, he would quiz me for the lyrics to flow, and it would end up a hit.

'Saying this is it, I've had enough! Cause, like, we hadn't seen each other in a month, when you, said you, "needed space", what?'

"A month... wow." Scott whistled. "And you still got back together?"

"Oh, it gets worse."

So much worse.

Soon enough, the song was written. I picked up my favorite recording guitar and started playing around with chords and picking patterns, the callouses on my fingers enabling me to play for long times. And then, we were recording WANEGBT! We got vocals from the girls, drum parts, all the extra stuff that I am ever-so-grateful to The Agency for. When I listened to the playback, it sounded great... but the bridge wasn't right. "Mind if I redo the bridge?"

"It's your song."

I went in and he gave me the go. "I used to think, that we were forever, ever, and I used to say never say never. Ugh, so he calls me up and he's like, I still love you! And I'm like. I'm just. I mean, this is exhausting, you know? Like we are never getting back together. Like ever. No!" Scott stopped and gave me a thumbs up. I went out and gave him a hug. "We're good?"

"Great job, Taylor. Great day for recording and I think this will be a hit. We'll record the next song, later, okay?"

That was productive! I exited the studio, bopping my head to WANEGBT. I got a few looks from some group of guys, I didn't get a look at them, but I don't care. Because, we are never ever getting back together.

Author's Note

Scottt Borchetta is a creep. He scares me. So he's nice in this version.

But he's so weird.

Em