Awards and Parties

Chapter Six: Awards and Parties

Taylor’s POV

I strutted around the stage, playing my banjo.

Cause someday

I’ll be

Singin this at the Grammys

And all you’re every gonna be is mean

Yeah!

Take that, evil critic.  After the performance, I went back to my seat in my other dress.  As we got to the awards, my name was called for best country song, Mean, and best country performance, Mean!  Hmm... karma.  I like it.

At the party, I walked in and soon saw Abigail.  I hooked arms with her and we did a weird dance to the music.  Selena came running up to me.

“Joannie Mitchell,” she said breathlessly.

“Huh?”

“Joannie Mitchell.  For those song lyrics earlier.”

Suddenly it clicked.  I typed that into my phone, and started dancing with all my girlfriends.

Dancin’ like we’re

22

22

It feels like one of those nights this place is too crowded

Too many cool kids (Who’s Taylor Swift anyway, ew)

It feels like one of those nights we ditch the whole scene

And end up dreamin’

Instead of sleepin!

I excused myself as I excitedly tapped these into my iPhone.  Then, I told the girls we should go.  I knew this great hill where we could see the stars perfectly.  Yup.  We’d end up dreaming!

Louis’ POV

The boys and I were chilling at the party, when I saw Taylor Swift walk by.  She was laughing with her friends and flipped her hair in a nonchalant way.

I insisted that we follow.  Soon we were weaving through streets, and ended up on this hill.  I looked up and saw stars everywhere.

“So, why exactly are we here, Boo?” Harry asked.

“I was curious about Taylor!” I said.

“You fancy her, don’t you?”

I just walked towards Taylor.

“Hi, I’m Louis.”