Ronan

Taylor's POV

I jumped up, and told Maya I'd be there.  Louis looked at me like I was a mad-man.  "What's going on, Taylor?"

"It's Ronan!"  I said, holding back tears.  Stay strong, Taylor, stay strong.

"Who?  Wait... are you cheating on me?"

"Louis, this isn't the time for jokes!  It's a three almost four year old who's about to die and I have to go! We can reschedule or something.  I'll pick Meredith up tomorrow if that's okay," I asked, noticing her sitting on Louis's lap.  "Please!  This is really important." 

He looked up in shock, and told me to go.  Quickly.

Maya's POV (Ronan's Mom)

I paced back in forth in the hospital hallway, waiting for Taylor.  Suddenly, she burst through the doors.

Taylor's POV

"Where is he," I asked breathlessly.  The nurse knew by now who I was seeing and told me to hurry as soon as I entered the hospital.

"In this room, right here.  The nurses were working on him, but they say it's... unlikely.  Well, impossible.  I told them I'd like the rest of his life to be with us, then.  He wanted just a few minutes alone with you, though," she answered through her tears.

I nodded and went in.  His frail little body lay there, in the hospital bed, with the grey walls making everything gloomy.  I could see his chest barely rising.  He turned.  "Taywor?" he asked.  His voice was no more than a whisper.  

I ran to him and gave him a delicate hug.  "Oh, Ronan.  It will be okay, honey.  Oh, poor baby."  He smiled at me as I carefully let go.  

"Do you fink Mommy can come in now?"

"Of course, baby."  I told Maya he wanted her.  She thanked me.

Half an hour later, she came out, sobbing.  I was already choked up.  "Is he?"

She nodded.

A tune started in my head.

"Would you mind if I... maybe wrote a song?"

She agreed it would be wonderful.  I asked if she would like to come, and she said yes.  I took her to my apartment, where I had a small recording studio for personal use.  On the way home, she wrote a list of things special between those two for the song.

I stepped in and picked up my guitar.  I started playing a melancholy tune, and started singing.

"I remember your bare feet

Down the hallway

I remember your little laugh

Race cars on the kitchen floor

Plastic dinosaurs

I love you to the moon and back."  I looked up to see what she thought.  She nodded, smiling slightly.

Later, I started finishing.

"Come on baby with me we're gonna fly away

From here

You were

My best four years."  We were both crying.  No one ever knows what to say about a beautiful boy who died. 

Suddenly, I remembered I was to be performing at the Stand Up to Cancer thing, and I asked, "Could I sing this?" I explained.  She nodded.

A/N This chapter's song is Ronan, as will be the one where she sings at the SUTC charity.  I hated writing this chapter, but it's important to my story.  Don't worry, it won't always be sad!  I mean, Louis always makes it better. :)