Where's Erin?

[Maria]

          I stood on the doorstep with Kianna.

“I thought your mom said Erin was on her waaaay.” Kianna whined. God, she was such an immature little prick sometimes, but she was my best friend, and she was dating Tony of Pierce The Veil, she had something going for her.

“Maybe she got busy, Ki. No need to worry.” But truth be told, I was worrying a little bit, Erin had only had her license about a year now, not to say she was a bad driver, but she was still new to it. I slipped my phone out of my skinny jeans and checked for any new messages, none. I hope she’s okay.

I know her and Derek weren’t always on good terms, and he good totally go bizerk on her at a moment’s notice. Though she swore he only hit her once, even if that was true, he sure liked to yell and call her every name under the sun. I liked to blame him for my big sisters self-harming problem. As much as I would like to help, it’s a helpless situation really, all I can do is hope I’m there when she really needs me. And right now, I was fearing she needed me.

Kianna rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, her black hair blowing behind her in the wind. It wasn’t that cold, 6:00 on a Friday night in San Diego, it was probably like 60 degrees.

“C’mon Ria, let’s sit on the couch, she can knock on the door if worse comes to worst.” I laughed at her joke about Erin’s laziness and followed her through the front door and into the living room, a smell of bacon sizzled from the kitchen.

“Staying for dinner Maria?” Kianna’s mom, Dedrienne, asked me in her slight British accent.

“No thanks Mrs. James, Erin’s on her way right now.” I smiled politely though Dedrienne couldn’t see my face. At least I think Erin’s on her way.

A/N Woo! Short upload, just introducing Ria a tad bit, two uploads in one night, I’m just on a role! Well, that girl over there is how I imagine Ria—don’t know who she is either. Do you like this story so far? Let me know!

~Meadow