Colorful Tears

A/N How are you all liking this story? Don’t forget about my other fanfictions, Can I Even Complicate Your Breathing and Heaven’s Little Angel, also check of my random thoughts I have and write down on wattpad for the world! Whoever made that drawing over there, is a superb artist! Thanks for reading!

~Meadow (fuenciadofrerard)

[Ria]

“Thanks again for bringing us home Vic, it’s really appreciated.” I said to the brown haired boy driving us home in his rusty old pickup. He smiled and nodded, but said nothing. But I can understand why. This was a hard and emotional, not to mention confusing time for all of us.

And Erin wasn’t giving us insight to anything that went on last night.

He glanced at Erin, his facial expression changing from this solem little mopey thing to a brighter complexion and his eyes went from brown, to golden and the corners of his lips tugged up just enough for it to be noticeable. The way he looked at my sister, though a quick 2 second glance, was enough to tell me that there were more than, “I have to drive some suicidal girl and her sister home,” feelings. They were, “I’m driving the most beautiful girl I have ever seen with my eyes home after her suicide attempt.”

-      -     -

[Erin]

“Just leave me alone Maria!” I yelled and slammed my bedroom door shut. I felt bad about yelling at her, when it wasn’t just her. Vic pretty much invited himself to stay over, and when Ria asked mom if that was acceptable, she said, “how wonderful!”

Oh yes, how wonderful. Let’s let some good-looking latin American boy into my house, even though I don’t know him, with my two teenage daughters, perfect plan!

Bravo, mom, bravo.

I was lying face-in-pillow, as I like to call it, when someone rapped gently on my door. I knew it wasn’t Ria somehow, it wasn’t the way she usually knocked. I groaned.

“It’s open.” And resumed my face-in-pillow, position.

The bed sank at the bottom of the bed and someone drew invisible circles on my ankle with their index finger. Then the someone, who I assumed to be Vic, sighed and started to stand up.

“W-wait.” I stammered, and brought my knees to my chest, he stood in front of the door and turned to face me. His eyes looked full of tears and on the brim of bursting. If anyone should be crying, it should be me. This is what I mean, I make everyone upset. He nodded solemnly and sat back on the bad.

His hands in his lap, head staring at them, and it was then that I saw a tear fall from his eyes and into his folded hands and I started to cry too. I shoulder moving sobbing that he soon noticed, and inched closer to me. So close in fact, that he was sitting on my toes.

As awkward as you may think this was, it wasn’t. Because he was the only one who knew, he knew and he knew why and so I knew I could trust him. In that moment I could see he was full of questions, but he wasn’t going to ask him until I proved to be ready.

And I was ready.