Bigger leaps.

Tuesday and Wednesday Enya didn't go to Slade Enterprises. If she were being honest with herself, she'd own up to the truth and say she didn't go because she was terrified of her feelings. Instead, she said she was editing the footage of the sky dive and the photo's she'd taken last week.

She pushed off phone calls and only signed what was most important to sign. She hid out in her dark room, with only the exposures and the photos as her company. Enya was cross with anyone who knocked on her door. She was on edge, worried she'd have to come out of hiding before she was ready.

She was sitting down going over the video footage when Geoff knocked. "Come in", she grunted clicking away at the computer.

"Um, Ms. Morgan? There's a call waiting for you on line one. The person speaking says it's urgent? Should I take a message?" Geoff said obviously uncomfortable. Couldn't blame him, she'd bitten his head off more times than she'd wanted to or should have.

"No, I'll take it. I don't usually get urgent calls." She said waving her hand. Geoff nodded and quickly shut the door behind him.

"Enya--" She started but was interrupted by a very pissed off Cato.

"What, no call to at least give me the fucking decency of sending me off Enya?" He hissed through the phone, "You didn't want to tell me that you were basically done with my ass? Well, You made a promise to me, one date. I. Get. One. Damn. Date." He finished on a huff.

"What? Listen, I didn't send anyone off. You hired me, or did you fucking forget that? I've been busy editing your damn photos and the video you wanted. What you are paying me to do? I'm damn good at my job, I don't need two weeks of shooting. I needed barely one and the other two days I spent giving you a damn good piece of ass. Cato, I don't have time for your macho 'she is mine' bullshit okay? I've got work to do, and if I'm not mistaken, I think you own and run your own business too. I didn't forget about our coerced date. I'm ready whenever the hell you are. Bye Cato." She slammed the receiver down. Who the hell did he think he was? Enya wasn't a possession. She damn sure wasn't his girlfriend so she didn't have to answer to anyone.  She'd be damned.

She went to click another part of the video when she heard a commotion in the reception area. Her receptionist Genelle, was frantically waving a man off. "Sir, you can not go past this point unless Ms. Morgan approves. I can not allow you to step any further." She said trying to keep the man at bay.  He was too quick for her though.

"I don't have time for this, " Cato glared daggers at Genelle, "Step aside, Ms. Morgan knows I'm coming."

"No, I didn't." , Enya said startling both of them , "Genelle, it's okay let Mr. Slade through. I was just working on the photos he needed."

Genelle and Geoff both looked at each other and then again at Enya and Cato. The tension in the room was enough to choke an elephant to death. The stances both CEO's held were that of power and aggression. It was like waiting for a bomb to go off.

Enya held her composure rigidly, she really didn't want to murder him right where he stood. He'd pissed her off enough in just fifteen minutes, and by the looks of Slick, she was sure he felt the same.  She made it to her office and waited until he closed the door before she went off. Thank God for sound proof windows and blinds.

"What in the fuck do you think you're doing? I just told you what I was doing, not that I need to answer to a dickhole like you! I can not believe the scene you just made. If I had any sense about me I'd have sent your ass on out the door!" She said standing tall, pointing her finger into his chest, clearing fuming.

Cato grabbed her hand after she'd dug her finger in one last time for good measure, "And if I'd had any fucking sense at all, I'd have never come here. Damn it, Enya, You make me crazy. Why can't you just fucking understand that. I gave you two days. two god damned lonely days, for you to call, to show up naked at my house. Anything." 

Staring him down angrily, "Because I don't have to do anything. I thought we were both adults, hooking up Slick. It's what we do. We both publicly flaunt the fact that we have never settled down. That we both enjoy sex and casual fucks. I don't have to cater to you. We both knew the game we were playing." She lied. Oh she lied like hell.

Looking like he'd just been slapped, he grabbed both her hands now and smashed his lips to hers. The kiss was intense, it was shocking, Enya tried to fight him off at first. When he bit down on her lip it sent pure waves of arousal straight down to her sex. She moaned in pure need. Deep down a part of her admitted that she'd missed this. As quickly as Cato had started the kiss, he'd broken it.

"You can not tell me you don't want me. You don't feel that between us? For fuck's sake Enya, you're practically dripping in your panties and I haven't even touched you. Whatever this is, it's not over. You know it. I know it. " He spat out, running his hand through his hair.

Looking down, "I didn't forget our date." She said quietly.

Cato relaxed, stepping closer he pulled her in much more gently than before. "I just want to give this a try. I want to give us a try. I've never dated anyone before. You're right about that, but for whatever god forsaken reason, I can't get you out of mind. It's thrilling, It's terrifying but it gives me this feeling that I can't explain and I want more of it. Give me a chance. That's all I'm asking." He said kissing her forehead.

"I didn't forget our date, I really mean that. In fact, it's part of why I've been hiding out. Yes, before you even start, I really was working. You scare me, this scares me. I don't handle this type of stuff well. I actually don't handle it at all, until now. Until you." She looked up at him, she hadn't realized there was a tear sliding down until Cato reached up and brushed it away with his thumb.

He relaxed, smiled and shut his eyes. "God Enya, You make me a crazy idiot. You make me so angry, you challenge me. Did I mention I like a challenge? I don't do apologies. I don't usually ever have anything to apologize for but I'm sorry. I'm sorry I went off. You weren't answering my calls. I hadn't heard from you. I get it, I understand that you just wanted to hide, but don't hide. Don't hide from me. I couldn't stand it if you just disappeared from me."

She kissed him. She kissed him soft at first and then it gradually got more intense. She had no clue what she was fucking doing. She was terrified but he was right. She couldn't deny what this was. She couldn't deny him. She'd tried and look how well that turned out. Enya pulled away to look into his eyes. He looked so relieved where there had been anger just moments before. "Okay." She whispered and pressed her forehead to his. "Okay." There wasn't anything to say, it was an unspoken agreement.

"Okay," He shot back ", The date, I wanted to go to a charity with you as my plus one. I figure you'd probably been invited too--"

"Okay, you've got yourself a plus one Slick." She smiled when he grinned from ear to ear.

"Alright, I'll-uh- leave you to your work. I was getting ready to head into a meeting. I'll call you later?" He asked hesitantly. Enya nodded in approval. Cato left moments later.

Enya walked back to her desk and clicked on the clip she'd been ready to edit before all that happened. It was the clip where they were getting ready to get into the plane. Cato was smiling, reaching out for her hand. He paused recognition of fear hit his face for a second, "Don't worry babe, I got you. I've done this a thousand times, alright? You're safe with me." Her hand went to her mouth when she watched as he leaned down to kiss her.

"I hope I am, Slick. I really hope I am."