Coming To.

Distorted memories played heavily through Enya's mind.

There were images of Andrew, nightmares even. Blinding light, whip sounds.

Someone shouting freeze, Andrew's heavy weight on her. Then it was gone. He was gone.

Darkness. There was more darkness. Pain, there was pain everywhere it felt like. Then there was Cato's face. His voice urging her not to fall asleep again. Begging her to come back to him. Him crying? Why was he crying?

There was this loud beeping sound, and then there wasn't? Then again, that bright light. Which brought back more images of Andrew.

Then there was hushed voices, against the beeping sound she'd grown used to hearing. Then there was more yelling, Cato. Cato was yelling again.

All of this confused her. What was going on? What was happening and where was she?

Warmth. There was warmth and then a touch. She tried to flinch but couldn't. Was it Andrew? That damn beeping sound was getting faster and louder. What was that?

Then Cato yelling again, why was he so angry? Who was that yelling with him? She felt heavy again. Things were going to go black again.

These feelings lasted what seemed like an eternity. Enya felt imprisoned. Where was she?

Finally, a time came when she got the answer she was looking for. Slowly she opened her heavy eyelids.

It was almost painful to do that. Disoriented, her blurred vision began to focus. There he was.

She managed to croak out his name. He looked terrible. He looked like he hadn't slept in days but over all that, right now he was smiling and laughing like an idiot.

"You look terrible Slick." She said hoarsely.

He laughed again, taking her hand in his and brining it up to his face. "You don't look so good yourself Fire Cracker."

She looked around her, she was laying in a bed. Cords hooked up to her in every direction. The sterile smell of the hospital enveloping her.

She remembered everything. Tears began to form, and then she couldn't help herself. Her whole body shaking from crying. The terror coming all over again.
"Shhh it's okay, it's okay now. You're safe, he's gone. He can't hurt you anymore." Cato said holding her tightly into his chest.

"The baby, is everything okay?" She said suddenly scared but not for her.

"I'll explain everything okay? Just calm down right now. I promise, I'll explain everything." Cato looked at  her.

She nodded and tried to compose herself. Once she was calm  enough, Cato began to tell her everything that had happened.

He'd seen Andrew carry her out of the bathroom and ducked behind the wall. He followed them all the way to the warehouse where she was being kept but couldn't get inside the gates so he had no idea what room Andrew had put her in.

He called the police after he couldn't get in and things went from there. They'd caught him and he immediately confessed to everything. Including Amanda's whole side of everything.

Amanda was immediately arrested after that and both were being tried for kidnapping, attempted murder, conspiring to commit a murder and the list went on.

Enya learned she'd suffered a concussion, had lacerations from the whip and a few bumps and bruises.

"Okay but that doesn't explain why I needed to be asleep to heal. What the hell is going on?" She said angrily.

"Okay, okay. They felt considering everything you'd been through, ontop of the pregnancy. They felt it would be best to knock you out to lessen the pain. They didn't want to risk losing the baby, knowing that several of the wounds from the whip were severe." He said.

"So I'm still pregnant?"she asked him.

He nodded and she couldn't help but smile. She laid a hand on her stomach and one year slid down her cheek.

"I'm alive, our baby is still alive and you're here with me. I know I'll get through this and end up stronger." She said looking up at Cato.

************

The next day she had visitors coming in left and right. Her family, Sonja and Matt. Even Geoff.

The doctors wanted to keep her one more day and then after that she was supposed to take it easy and stay home.

Detective Welsh came by once, asked a few  questions and told her that he had everything he needed.

Cato was always there, catering to her. Buying her things. Pretty much spoiling her.

"I need a shower Slick. I feel like shit and I just want to bathe." She moaned. It was true, however long she'd been here she hadn't bathed and it was definitely showing.

"Let me ask the nurses about it? I'm sure you're more than ready to be up and moving." He said kissing her and moving to the door.

Once the nurses cleared her for a shower, Cato helped her up and got her to the bathroom.

"This was a lot harder than I thought. Jesus, my whole damn body hurts and not just my ass." She said wincing.

"Yeah, well we've been here about ten days." He helped her out of her gown.

She stood there watching as he turned the water on and got everything she needed ready.

"They said to just let the water gently run down your backside and that they'd be in after you were done to changed your bandages." He said looking at her worriedly.

Nodding, she stepped in and sighed with relief. The warmth of the water relaxing muscles she didn't even know where tense. Ducking her head under the stream she felt refreshed.

"Slick!" She called out. He came running in wide eyed. She laughed, "I didn't mean to startle you, but you know what would be amazing right now?"

He calmed, shaking his head, "No. I'm not doing it Enya." Obviously reading her mind.

She pouted, "Please Slick? Pretty please?"

"Fine but don't tell the nurses. We don't need to get into trouble alright?" He said quickly taking off his clothes and stepping into the shower.

She smiled and wrapped her arms around him. "Even if we don't have sex, this feels good Cato. I've missed this." She leaned in and smelled his scent.

"I did too Fire Cracker." He kissed the top of her head and they stood there letting the water rain down on them.