V

May 4, 2015
9:20pm
_______________________________________________
High standards

         "So August where are you taking me exactly?" I ask as we turn a corner on frendle street.

"Just sit back and ride ma, I'm not gonna kidnap you or nothing" he paused for a second and looked at me

"that's if you don't want me to" he winked as he put his hand on my thigh

I took a deep breath and bit my lip nervously, my mind is racing and my hormones are going insane.

His hand feels so nice on my leg. I look up at him to see his eyes on me.

"Uhh is there something on my face?" I ask before going to touch it.

"Nah nothing, you're just so beautiful ma" he smiles, flashing me his pearly whites

I smile hard "thank you, you're not to bad yourself" he laughs as we get to a red light.

"Do I make you nervous Marian?" His question caught be off guard, I want expecting that at all. I don't think I've ever had a man be so direct with me.

"Uhh.. A little" I dread on, not wanting to make eye contact with him. I see a homeless women and what I assume to be as her daughter when I look out the window. I hate to see things like that it breaks my heart to the core. Without thinking properly I open the car door and head over to where their sitting. I look up at there box and smile.

"Hi" I say as I step a little closer. "What do you want little girl? I don't have time for your irrelevantness"

Her reply took me off guard, I guess she could tell by my face. "I was trying to be nice, and I see you and your daughter might need some help" I take the wad of money out of my hand and place it in hers.

"Next time, when someone approaches you be nicer because not everyone is like me love"

The lady sits there shocked as she counts the money. "This is 800 dollars" she says as she looks at me.

I smile, "enough for you to get food, clothes and a down deposits for a apartment. Key & opel are just down the street" I point

"They'll help you find a home" I look over to the little girl to see her crying. She runs up to me and hugs my legs "thank you so much mam" she says crying on my dress.

"You don't have to thank me , I hate to see people in a situation like this. I try to do what ever I can" I smile. They smile back

"What's your name" the women asks as she stands up. I look over her clothes. She's wearing a torn dress with some busted sneakers and her Hairs in a ponytail.

"It's Marian" I smile "do y'all need a ride?" I ask.

"No mam, I'm just going to count my blessings and pray before we go over yonder" the women replies.

"Have a wonderful night" I smile again. "Please stay safe" I almost forget that August is in the car and I need to get back to him, 5 minutes has past since I've been out here. I give both of them hugs and get their names before I turn on my heel and walk back to the car.

"Hope you don't have a bum bump" August laughs referring to the Kevin hart joke. I didn't find it funny at all

"Let's not forget that was you at one point" I reply, no type of kindness in my voice. I turn to him to see his expression soften before his jaw is tighted.

"Nobody asked you to bring up my past, yes it made me into what I am today. I was only joking around with yo serious ass" he says during his Range Rover and taking off.

"Oh" was my reply, I have a low tolerance for jokes about things I'm passionate about. Helping people has always been something I wanted to do.

"Look" he sighed "Damn, I'm sorry Ma I didn't mean to offend you what you did back there was really humanitarian of you , it proves that you're a very giving person" he compliments.

"Thank you" I sigh before smiling, I can't keep an attitude for nothing

"We're here" he says cutting the car before coming to my side and opening my door

"Thank you again" he holds my hand as I get out the car. We walk arm and arm into the restaurant I've never been to a day in my life.