Chapter = 5

Chapter = 5

Cherryl Carter didn’t sleep a blink last night. That haunting site was forever imprinted in her brain. She tried many times to console herself that maybe it was her mind playing tricks with her in the darkness  or maybe her drink was spiked but her conscious was yelling at her that all she witnessed was as real as her. First it was the image of the blue eyed beast turning into a human which was bothering her but then her brain flashed her image of Damien Richards in his birthday suit. She blushed furiously and felt irritated at her own reaction. She closed her eyes again falling into the darkness.

She yelped in surprise when she heard a shrill sound coming from her bedside table. When she realized it was her alarm clock she slammed the snooze button and sat up groggily, rubbing her eyes. She walked to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She walked back into her room to get some clothes to wear for college only to stop dead in her track. She stared at her full length mirror in horror, ready to let out an ear piercing scream. She blinked several times when she realized that the mirror was reflecting her own image only and to say that she was looking like a zombie would be an understatement. Her mascara and eye-liner was running down her cheeks and smudged around her eyes. She was still wearing clothes form  the last night and her hair was standing out in all directions. She was sure that she looked like some evil witch out of a Disney movie. Well it wasn't like she cared. She smiled a little and shook her head.

She went through her morning routine and walked downstairs to have some breakfast. But as soon as she realized that in a few minutes she'll be on her way to her college, dread filled up all her body cells. For the first time in her life she wanted to just skip her college and spend the whole day or maybe her whole life in the comfort of her room. She wasn't like that , she wasn't some innocent damsel in distress. She wasn't a fighter either but yeah she had a bit of a courageous side to her. And she definitely wasn't the one to just give up. She held her head high, straighten her shoulders and took a deep breath, with that she was ready to face the day. She grabbed an apple and walked out of the door to her car. she drove to her college with just one thought running through her mind 'she can do this.'

She parked her car and walked to the main gate of her college. A chill ran up her spine when she felt the same intense gaze boring into her back, the one she felt yesterday night. Her gut feeling was telling her to just run inside without looking back but  something inside her was almost forcing her to turn around and look into those mesmerizing blue eyes again. The feeling was so intense that her whole body begin to shake a little. Her palms were sweating  like hell. She clutched the strap of her side bag tightly and bit down her tongue but still was unable to move her feet. It was as if something or someone was holding her firmly at her place. And then within a blink of an eye the feeling was gone. She was huffing and sweating as if she had ran a marathon. She sighed deeply and almost ran inside the college. She felt relieved as soon as she reached inside the building. Shaking her head to get rid of all the other thoughts, she started making her way towards her first lecture. She was a bit early so corridors were nearly deserted.

She sighed in content when she spotted her class door and started walking towards it eagerly. She was merely four or five steps away from the door when she heard someone whistling. A bit startled she turned around and saw none other than Damien Richards standing there leaning against the wall. His eyes were closed and he had this small smile playing across his lips like he knew some secret that nobody else does. The word 'secret' brought back the dreadful memories of the previous night and instantly she felt like she couldn't breathe. She was now scared out of her mind. She wanted nothing more than to just run out of there and go some place far away from him, maybe leave this state or even this country. She was even ready to leave this planet or enter some other realm if she could get away from the guy standing in front of her. He had this calm expression on his face and wasn't even whistling anymore but his lips were turned up into a knowing smirk with his eyes closed.