Chapter = 19

I loved her

 Not for the way

 She danced

 With my angels

 But for the way

 The sound of

 Her name

 Could silence

 My demons

-Diversis

Chapter = 19

She was running blindly through the thick forest surrounding her, her feet pounding on the ground, pushing the ground backwards as fast as she could. Her heart was thumping in her chest and fear was cursing through her veins.

She did not know what she was running from or where she was running to, but one thing she knew was that she was scared of whatever she was running from. Her hair was flowing wildly around her, merging with the darkness of the forest. She glanced behind her but all she saw was the darkness, black color engulfing the surroundings, dark hands moving towards her.   

She had no idea from how long she had been running but her muscles were aching. She felt tired and wanted to stop but her feet were not following her brain’s command as they kept pushing her body harder.

She then saw him standing there in front of her with his arms wide open. His comforting aura calling her towards him, her feet pushed faster, to reach him, to seek the comfort.

‘Damien…’ His name flew softly from her lips.

And then she noticed that for a change she wasn’t running from him, she was running towards him. He would save her from the darkness; she could feel it in her heart.

As soon as she reached him, his arms engulfed her body, molding them together and the light emitting from them chased away the darkness. She took a deep breath and sighed with content. She felt calm. She felt safe. She felt relieved. She felt like she belonged there, in his arms.

Cherryl’s eyes snapped open and she stared around her room. Sunlight was pouring down through her windows, bathing her room in a yellowish glow. She sighed and stood up from her bed. She was on her autopilot mode as she grabbed some clothes from her closet and then walked inside the washroom. She pulled her hair up in a messy bun and then stripped her clothes. She was about to jump in the shower when a sharp pain jolted her body and she crumpled to the floor. She felt as if she was being stabbed by a knife, in her shoulder. She gasped and tears welled in her eyes.

 It lasted for about two minutes and then it was gone as if it was never there. She clutched her shoulder and stood up on shaky legs. Right then she felt a wet liquid trickle down her back. With her heart in her throat she walked to the mirror and turned around, trying to inspect her shoulder. A single tear escaped from her eye and trailed down her cheek as blood trailed down her back, leaving a dark red line behind. She got her emotions under control and wiped her wet cheek.