Chapter = 6

Chapter = 6

Cherryl Carter had no idea how she reached home with all her bones intact to her body. She was driving like a maniac, still shaken up from whatever happened in the parking lot. She was surprised to find her car scratch free. She shakily opened her car door and forced her legs to move towards the front door of her house. She finally managed to open the door after dropping her keys several times. She securely dead bolted the door once she was inside. She rested her head on the closed door and tried to calm down her nerves. She wished she could just erase these two days from her life. She had no idea what she has done to have Damien Richards going psycho on her. Is it because she knew his horrifying secret? But he didn't know that she saw him then how is it even possible. She banged her head on the door a few times feeling terrified and irritated at the same time.

Someone cleared their throat making her heart jump in her throat. She turned around cautiously to find her sister staring at her with a frown on her face.

'Are you alright? Do you need a psychiatrist?' Claire asked her sister feeling a bit weird about her behaviour. She was standing behind her the whole time when she was mumbling some incoherent words and banging her head on the door. She felt worried when she saw scared expressions on her little sister's face.

'What is it? Why are you scared? Is someone bothering you? Wait here, I'll go and beat the shit out of that person!' Claire felt her protective instincts kick in. She was feeling so angry. She moved Cherryl aside and was about to walk out of the door when Cherryl grabbed her arm lightly making her turn towards her.

'No. I am fine. It's just that you caught me by surprise.' Cherryl said shaking her head furiously. Her sister looked at her suspiciously with her soul piercing gaze.

'It was just a long tiring day in college. I would just go and have some food.' Cherryl walked to the kitchen before her sister could have uttered a word.

'Fine then suit yourself. Mom won't be home for another four days and I am going on a road trip with some of my friends. I won't be back till tomorrow evening.' She heard her sister yell followed by the slamming of the front door.

Cherryl felt paranoid at the thought of being left alone on her own in this house. She ran towards the door to stop her sister but to her bad luck she was already driving down the road. She felt more alone than ever. She was feeling unsafe and scared in her own house. She once again dead bolted the front door and hurriedly locked all the windows. Her appetite was long gone. She walked to her room and locked herself inside. She needed a distraction real quick or else she was sure she would lose her mind. She dropped her bag on her bed. She freshened up and changed into some comfortable cargo pants and a lose fitting t-shirt.

Books has always helped her being her best friends. She could rely on them anytime but right now she was sitting on her bed surrounded with many and still she couldn't seem to distract herself. She sighed and stacked the books back on the shelf. Then she tried indulging herself in her college work. After trying real hard to concentrate she finally managed to complete her assignment. She laid back down on her bed and closed her eyes feeling drained. She still was a bit shaken with everything happening to her. She cursed her fate and rolled over. She buried her face in the pillow and screamed out in frustration.