Chapter = 21 (part -1)

I am really sorry that it’s quite short but I thought that I am delaying uploading this story a lot. So, I decided to upload as much as I have written. My mood is really down so I am not motivated enough to write further. But I would try to write and upload the second half of this chapter soon.. Hope you’ll understand.. (WARNING - UNEDITED)

-Shine Hope (dreamer37)

“He has a beauty to him that is not quite angelic, a quality that's both ethereal and dark.”

 Helen Boswell, Mythology: The Wicked

Chapter = 21 (Part – 1)

Cherryl stared outside the window into the endless darkness of the forest. Though the sun was shining to its fullest but the trees in the forest were clustered so close together that blackness was its only inhabitant. She still couldn’t believe that she dared to enter the gloomy darkness last night. She sighed as she continued staring outside, Despising those birds which were flying freely in the sky while she was locked up in a castle. She almost felt like a helpless princess, waiting for her prince to rescue her while the dragon in the form of Damien Richards guards the castle gates. She felt like laughing hysterically at her silly thoughts.

She had woken up that morning at the sound of the door slamming shut. Her breakfast was placed already on the bed side table along with a steaming cup of coffee. She tried real hard to ignore the hunger but at last she gave in and devoured her breakfast and kept the plate aside but she managed to gulp down only the half cup of the coffee. Afterwards she had stood up from the bed and took a seat by the window, bathing in the sunlight.

It was been almost two hours since she finished her breakfast still no one has come back to retrieve the plate. Loneliness and the strangeness of the unfamiliar place was taking its toll on her and her thoughts shifted to her family which made her heart clench painfully inside her chest. She resisted the urge to cry and stood up from the chair. She padded to the washroom and made her way inside. She took a long bath and pulled on the robe which was placed on the counter already.

She carelessly walked out but froze at the door frame when she noticed a silhouette on the chair which she had vacated. Her heart quickened its pace as the twin blue orbs rose to her face. She pulled the robe tighter around her frame and gulped nervously. His heated gaze stayed on her face before travelling down to her exposed legs and then back up to her face. The look of pure heat in his eyes made her drop her gaze to the floor. She stared at her naked feet while her heart kept jumping around.