Chapter = 9

Chapter = 9

Cherryl woke up after a lot of twisting and turning. It was still dark outside. She checked the time on her table clock, it was just 4:45 am. She sighed and tried going back to sleep again but was unable to relax her mind. Then she tried counting sheep and even sang herself a lullaby but nothing helped; she was still wide awake. Maybe she was suffering from insomnia and it was all 'his' fault. Next thing she'll be suffering from amnesia due to lack of sleep and she'll wake up someday and won't even remember her own name.

'What if she has already forgotten the names a few known people?!' Worried about that she went through the names of all her family members even distant aunts and uncles. She sighed in relief when she remembered them all. After the hard task she felt tired and as soon as her eyelids dropped, alarm clock screamed in anger, making her jump out of her bed in fear. She and her tangled covers fell to the floor with a loud thud. She groaned and closed her eyes. After a few minutes alarm clock screamed again, startled, Cherryl opened her eyes and stared at her surroundings.

'She could not believe that she was sleeping on floor. Next time she would be sleeping in a bath tub and would drown.' She immediately got up, throwing the covers aside. Her life was in danger all the time, all because of one blue eyed beast boy. She cursed under her breath and went to take bath with her eyes half open. She was feeling so lazy and tired. She got ready at snail's speed. After she made sure that she was wearing all her clothes, she checked the time. It was almost 8:20 am, Damien Richard's voice rand in her ears ' I can always drop by your house to pick you up' and that washed away all her laziness. She cannot let that happen, she cannot let him come to her house again. Claire's suspicion would become stronger and she would tell mom and if her mother found out that a guy had come to pick up her younger daughter, she would be in frenzy; a volcano of questions would erupt from her mouth and Cherryl would drown herself in the molten lava instead of answering her mother.

She hurriedly waked downstairs and grabbed an apple. She took one huge bite and chewed it, right then she heard her sister's bedroom door open. She made a dash towards the door and reached her car probably in milliseconds. She was about to open her car door when a honk of a car made her turn around. As soon as she turned around Damien Richard's eyes pierced through hers. Her apple, long forgotten fell to the ground as she stared horrified at the creature in the black Volvo.

"You are late! Get inside!" He said through clenched teeth.

Her limbs were paralyzed so instead of doing anything she stood there like a statue. She heard him mutter some words under his breath. He opened the door and stepped out and started walking towards her. With three long strides he was standing right in front of her, his minty breath fanning her face. She gulped down her nerves and took a step back but before she could have put any more distance between them he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him, making her face crash against his chest.

"Don't ever walk away from me!" He said narrowing his eyes. His beast was furious that she has disobeyed him.

She gasped when she saw his blue eyes glowing. He grabbed her arm and started walking towards the car, dragging her along. He opened the passenger door and she got inside without uttering a single word. He closed the door with more than the needed force which made her wince. He walked to the driver's seat and got inside. He started the car and sighed. Her scent and closeness was already doing the magic of calming his beast. They both stayed silent throughout the drive to the college. As soon as he parked the car Cherryl mumbled a thank you and jumped out of the car but before she could have taken one step towards the college building he was by her side. He closed the distance between them with just one step. Her small frame moulded with his large one. She felt mild tremors of electric current passing through her body from the contact. He grabbed her chin and lifted her face up.