Chapter = 10

Chapter = 10

Cherryl jumped out of her bed in fear after hearing a loud shrilling sound of her alarm clock. She pressed the off button and her room fell into silence again. She had finally managed to get some sleep last night. Her head was still throbbing from all the questions her mother grilled her with. When her mother said, "You have my full support, Cherryl. You have finally found your first love. I am so proud of you." Cherryl smiled on the outside but she felt as if her mother has just pushed her off the bridge. Claire remained silent, enjoying her sister's misery, throughout the dinner as she watched her sister being tortured by their mother.

Cherryl tried hard to think of any options that would help her get away from Damien Richards. She cannot tell her mother or sister, they would call her crazy. She thought about going to police but they would lock her in an asylum with other psycho maniacs.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror and she was sure she resembled corpse bride. Why Damien Richards was interested in her? Was a question worth million dollars. She missed her life from before, just a few days ago everything was perfectly normal but then she agreed to go to that 'party' and witnessed a guy turning into a monster. Why did she even go into the forest anyway? What was she thinking of herself 'Lara croft' or something?! The only way she could have saved that girl was to somehow call 'the justice league' or 'X-men'.  It was all her fault that Damien Richards was after her like a huge beastly cat after a small innocent mouse.

She got dressed for the college without bothering much about what she was pulling on unless until she was covered from head to toe. She even wrapped a scarf around her neck. She tip-toed downstairs as silently as possible. She sighed in relief when she was finally out of the front door. She turned around only to step back in shock. Her mother was standing in front of her holding grocery bag with an ear to ear smile on her face.

"Good morning Cherryl. I see you are ready to go to your college." Her mom said beaming down at her. Cherryl let out a nervous chuckle and nodded her head.

"So you are going a bit early huh? Meeting someone?" Her mother said again wiggling her eyebrows.

Cherryl choked on her own spit and coughed hysterically.

"I won't hold you back then. Go on, get going. Have a nice day." She said and planted a kiss on Cherryl's cheek before going inside and slamming the door shut behind her. Cherryl shook her head and hurriedly walked to her car. She looked back and forth down the road and when she does not spotted any black Volvo she sighed and got inside her car. She drove to her college and parked her car. As soon as she stepped inside the college building Rose jumped in front of her making her scream in terror. Before she could have uttered a word Rose dragged her to the nearby deserted hallway.

"Spill!" She said in an excited voice.

Cherryl stared at her in confusion. Rose rolled her eyes looking at the bewildered expression on her friend's face.

"I am just asking about what happened between you and Damien Richards." Rose said in a duh tone.

"N-N-nothing happened. H-H-H-he just needed s-some help with his project." Cherryl lied right through her teeth and to her astonishment Rose believed her and nodded her head. Cherryl felt guilty, instantly.

'First you went to a party, then you let a guy hug you and kiss you and now you lied to your friend. You are going to burn in the pits of hell for this.' Her conscious wailed in terror.

"OK then let-

Before Rose could have said another word a breathless husky voice interrupted her.

"Cherryl, there you are."  And with those words her nightmare was standing right in front of her looking at her with his eyes sparkling as if he was a lost tourist in a desert and she was the last drop of water.