Chapter = 12

Chapter = 12

Cherryl woke up with a small smile on her lips. She finally managed to have a good night's sleep after so many nights spent in twisting and turning. It was Sunday morning. While her mother and sister spent their half day sleeping she on the other hand woke up at around 8:30 and prepared breakfast for all three of them. She was just chewing her last bite of pancake when her mother's and sister's beaming faces appeared in front of her. She froze for a moment and waited for them to enter the kitchen to get their breakfast but instead they plopped down in the chairs in front of her, as if she was some criminal and they were about to begin the interrogation.

 Cherryl stared at them and waited for them to say something but when they did not uttered a word she ignored them and washed down her bite with some orange juice and stood up from her chair. Her mother and sister stood up as well and followed her to the kitchen and then to the sink. After placing her plate in the sink she turned around. She huffed and avoided looking at them.

She knew what they wanted to talk about but she wasn't in the mood to answer their silly questions. She vowed last night that she would stay far away from anyone or anything whose name started with the letter 'D'.

She started making her way to the stairs, towards her room and a pair of foot-steps followed behind her. She sighed  and finally turned around again.

"What is it?" She asked in a slight irritation.

"Nothing at all." Her mother said with a smile while Claire smirked at her.

"Fine. So do you mind quit following me around?" She said and narrowed her eyes when her mother's smile grew bigger.

Cherryl started walking towards her room again. She was on the last step when her mother's word stopped her.

"When did you get back home last night?"

Cherryl sighed in irritation and glared at her mother who has gladly thrown her in front of a hungry animal last night and now was asking her when she managed to get home in a single piece.

"I came back at around 9:30. He dropped me off." Cherryl said through clenched teeth and avoided saying his name at all cost.

Their smiles dropped and turned into frowns.

"You mean that you just came back home so early?" Her mother asked her in disbelief as if Cherryl has committed some crime.

Instead of saying anything Cherryl just nodded her head.

"I knew she won't do anything. She's going to die as a nun." Claire said in a bored tone and walked back downstairs. Her mother shook her head in disappointment and followed behind, leaving Cherryl standing there with her mouth hanging open.

Cherryl did not bother leaving her room after that. She only sneaked downstairs after her mother and sister went to sleep, to have her dinner. The night came and went. The sound of rain tapping on her window woke her up in the morning. She sighed and forced her body out of the comfort of the bed. After dragging her feet to the washroom she brushed her teeth and took bath. She got dressed and stared at the tangled mess on her head in the mirror. She rolled her eyes and dragged the brush through her hair. After combing furiously for at least fifteen she smoothened down her hair. Leaving them open have not worked in hiding her from Damien so without another thought she tied them back.