Five Months, Two Weeks Prior

"Dammit!" Anthony hollered as his avatar on the computer screen before him was obliterated by a razor blade. Ian and Anthony had seen Pewdiepie and Cry play it, so they thought it would be interesting if they played co-op on Bloody Trapland.

Yes. It was very interesting indeed.

Although Anthony was considerably better at platformers, Ian could keep his cool for far longer than he. Anthony had only died some thirty times compared to Ian's whopping seventy-two deaths, yet Anthony was far more aggravated. It didn't take long for games to push his buttons; to him, it was far more enjoyable to win an easy victory than to play an impossible game.

Only sparing Anthony a knowing smirk, Ian pushed onwards, green fuzzy character dodging one razor blade and crashing into a patch of spikes. Ian threw his head back in laughter as pixelated blood spattered across the game's setting. They had remained on the same level for the past ten or so minutes, so their computer's screen was almost entirely crimson from their many attempts at forging through the many obstacles and traps. After all, the game was titled Bloody Trapland.

Sighing, Anthony remarked, "Dude, I think we should call it quits." He looked towards the cameras that had been filming the entire session. Of course, they had been recording their experience for their subscribers and had already been filming for a good twenty minutes or so, so Anthony thought it would be nice to step away from the computers. Anyways, he was going to snap his keyboard in half if he kept dying in this hellish virtual reality.

"No way, man! I swear, I almost have it!" Ian actually seemed pretty excited about this game. It was pretty unusual, considering he normally dreaded the thought of platformers. But, as it was, Anthony was not having it.

"I'm gonna end up smashing in the monitors if we keep playing," Anthony countered, hoping Ian would comply with his wishes.

"Isn't that the point of the game?" Anthony's red avatar raced across the screen, only to be sliced once more by the same damn razor blade.

"Fuck it, dude! I'm out!" Anthony threw his headphones off his head, not particularly caring where they landed or if they broke, and strode out of the room. Closing the door behind him a little too harshly, Anthony let himself take in deep breaths, leaning back against the bare patch of wall beside the doorway. Slowly, the image of red furries being chopped to pieces faded out of his mind, and he sighed with relief. There was no way he was playing that game again.

He heard the door beside him creak open hesitantly, and Anthony's eyes flashed to it. Ian was peaking out, and from the look in his eyes, Anthony could tell he was relieved that Anthony was still in the same building.

"Uh... Sorry. I didn't think the game was pissing you off that bad," Ian apologized. Anthony hated that Ian always seemed to take the blame for everything, and always picked up Anthony's slack. He shouldn't have to pay for his mistakes.

"It's fine... Did you remember to turn off the cameras?" Anthony asked immediately, hoping to change the subject. He felt guilty about his little temper tantrum, and it made him feel like a regretful two year-old.

"Yeah. But, seriously. We can play whatever you want next time." Ian still looked down, and Anthony felt like an abomination. Anthony had picked out Bloody Trapland in the first place, and now Ian was going to let him pick again? He'd probably just make some stupid mistake again...

"Nah, you get dibs. I picked this game, it's my fault," Anthony admitted. He never had hid his true emotions from Ian when they were only friends, and now that they were more, why would that change?

Smiling a bit, Ian surprised Anthony by closing the minuscule distance between them and connecting their lips in a small kiss. Anthony blinked, and it was over. Ian was back in his original place, but now he was blushing and he appeared a lot more pleased.

"Um..." Anthony whispered, voice raspy with joy. Even though it was a small gesture, it really did make him feel a lot better. Their first kiss... He almost sighed with sheer euphoria.

Ian laughed at Anthony's reaction, which made his face flush in turn. Anthony could feel a fire in his heart, and it only grew with Ian's enjoyment.

"If you keep kissing me like that, I'll play whatever the hell you want."