Five Months Prior

Sprawled out on the floor with scattered bits of mail, Anthony said, "Okay, since you stayed 'til the end of the episode, we're gonna let you in on a little secret." Ian automatically zoomed in on Anthony's face for added trepidation. "We're going out."

Turning the camera to his own face, Ian yelled, "We're gay, fuckers!" Anthony groaned a little on the inside. He was going to edit out yet another "fuck". But, he put on a happy face.

"Bye, BITCH!" he shouted into the camera, which Ian immediately shut off. The two looked around for a minute, not knowing exactly what to say.

Brow furrowed, Ian broke the silence. "I think the fans deserve to know now, rather than later."

"It's a Saturday," Anthony replied, looking to the Sexy Anthony calendar on the wall. It wasn't that he completely objected the idea; it was the fact that he knew exactly what Ian was going to do once the video was uploaded. "Besides, I know how you get about troll comments. I don't like it when you just stare at the comment section."

Throwing his hands up in mock surrender, Ian fell backwards from his sitting position and hit the carpet with ample force. "Aw, you got me." Anthony laughed in spite of himself. Ian was just to fucking hilarious to push away.

Then, Anthony forced himself to look serious, although he was pretty sure that all it did was make him look constipated. "Ian... We could upload the video today, but that means a shitload of editing for you, and you have to promise that we'll look at the comments together or not at all." Anthony meant it - he was tired of finding Ian with bloodshot eyes and a broken smile after closing his laptop hurriedly. It made him feel like he wasn't protecting Ian enough, and it happened close to once a month, even before they got together.

Shooting up like a daisy popping up out of the ground, Ian approved, "Deal, man!" Then, he raced to the computer room with the camera in hand to edit the video. Sighing, Anthony laid down on the carpet, staring at the small etched patterns on the ceiling.

What had he gotten himself into?

He pulled out his phone and began to play on it. The time flew by, and after a couple of hours Ian flew at Anthony, causing him to yelp and drop his phone.

"Are you seriously already done?" Ian bobbed his head sporadically, and Anthony's eyes widened considerably. Normally, it took about five or six hours of tedious work (with breaks in between), but it had only been two or three hours, and Ian was still fidgeting and happy, done with his work.

"You uploaded it too?" Again, Ian nodded, this time more energetically.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! We gotta see the comments!" Ian jumped up and down, and Anthony sighed and pulled himself up.

"Fine... But just a few," Anthony warned him, and the two went to the computer room, Ian dashing and Anthony stalking. He had not intention whatsoever that Ian would finish that day, and he was honestly scared of the reactions. Would they loose ratings? Worse, would they loose subscribers? The thoughts rang in his head, and he felt like curling up in the fetal position and dieing. He should have thought this through more thoroughly...

By the time he entered the room, Ian was already on the computer, searching their video. He had apparently already uploaded it to both YouTube and their website, so he was looking it up on YouTube, where they had a better chance of having more comments (since YouTube was far more popular than their website alone).

There were already close to a hundred views, which was quite impressive, considering that it had only been mere minutes since Ian uploaded it. However, the ratings were mixed, nearly equally divided between green and red. Anthony was expecting this, and honestly wanted to throw the computer out the window. Still, he forced himself to keep trekking on.

The comment section was a battle zone. There were the obvious comments describing how disgusting it was that Anthony and Ian were faggots, and then there were the support comments. They were like knights riding to save the two YouTubers reading in solemn silence, as if someone had died. One user claimed that this was the greatest revelation in YouTube history. Another begged them to keep making videos in spite of the hate. Most surprisingly, there was a particular user that stated that they were not exactly excited that the two were going out, but would keep watching their videos because it was stupid to oppose YouTube's most successful channel because of their sexual orientation.

After reading about twenty comments, Anthony turned to observe Ian's reaction. Ian looked almost happy, almost being the key word.

Quickly noticing that Anthony was staring as him, Ian said quickly, "I wasn't expecting so many supporters... I love our fans."

Nodding, Anthony agreed, "Me too." No matter how many tools there were in the world, they could always count on a select bunch of their subscribers to make the day brighter with their support.