Three Months Prior

"No, no, no, no..." Anthony trailed off as he looked down at the thermometer. A hundred one degrees, no more, no less. Groaning, Anthony tossed the device into the sink and stalked out of the open door of the bathroom, without bothering to close it behind him.

He had only taken his temperature because his face was flushed when he looked in the mirror, not to mention that he felt like shit. Now he knew, but it didn't really help. Sometimes, Ian would schedule video shootings to take place on Saturdays, or even only Ian is Bored or Lunchtime with Smosh episodes because he wanted to get them over with (like when they had revealed that they liked each other in a way that was more than brotherly). As fate would have it, this was one of those Saturdays.

As he made his way to the living room (since he was already ready to head out with Ian), Anthony decided that he would try to play it like he wasn't sick. Or that he was dizzy whenever he stood. Or that he wanted to drop dead at the moment.

Ian was apparently eager to get there. He had already grabbed his keys and turned off the television and most of the lights, so there was no need for Anthony to remind him. It was a good thing, too; he felt like all that would come out of his mouth at the moment was puke, especially when he glanced at the fish bowl on the counter where Herbert resided. He loathed that fish with a passion.

Wait. Since when had he felt nauseous? He shrugged off the feeling and Ian surprised him by kissing him on the cheek just as they were about to leave for the video shooting. His lips felt cold against his skin.

Retracting, Ian mentioned, "Anthony, you're hot."

"Why, thank you," Anthony weakly retorted. Shit, Ian had realized that he had a temperature. It was all over now.

Rolling his eyes at Anthony's comment, Ian suggested, "How about I take your temperature?"

Stepping away from his boyfriend, Anthony countered, "Maybe you're just cold." It was a transparent defence, but Anthony was still persistent. He didn't want to get in the way of making videos.

Shaking his head with doubt, Ian simply stated, "No." He snagged Anthony's hand before proceeding to drag him off to the bathroom that he had just been in. Ian turned on the lights to find that the thermometer was in the sink, right where Anthony had left it after taking his temperature the first time.

Holding up the evidence, Ian asked, "Why the hell didn't you tell me you were sick?"

Frowning, Anthony defended, "I didn't wanna screw up the schedule." Again, it was weak, but he had good intentions.

Ian sighed. "Anthony, I'm not gonna be able to live with myself if you puke on the set. You," Ian pointed at Anthony's chest, "are gonna stay right here. I'll go make some calls and cancel for today."

"But when are we gonna shoot?"

"When you're healthy," Ian said, confirming Anthony's suspicions. Dammit, Ian cared way too much about his well being.

"C'mon, I'm fine!" Anthony pleaded, only to feel the awful dizziness that had been slightly present before take over his body, causing him to nearly keel over. However, Ian caught him mid-fall, and he  held Anthony to his body, slinging his arm over his shoulder for support.

"Yeah, because that's totally fucking healthy."

Anthony stopped protesting as Ian pulled him to his room, carefully laying him down in his bead and covering him with his blanket. Maybe if he let Ian fawn over him today, it would satisfy Ian's need to make Anthony happy. Ian left the room as soon as Anthony was settled in. He pulled out his phone and began playing some apps on it, not knowing how long Ian planned to have him rest. Ian walked back into the room unexpectedly, setting a glass of water down on Anthony's bedside table. Then, Ian sat down on the edge of Anthony's bed and snatched his phone out of his hands.