One Month, Four Weeks Prior

Rubbing his chin in concentration, Anthony studied the bedding in front of him with the concentration of Luke Skywalker when using the force. Ian stood beside him, immediately flopping onto the mattress that Anthony had been scrutinizing. His body made a soft thump as he fell onto the Tempurpedic bed and he rolled over, patting beside him as he laid face-down.

"This one's the one, I can feel it!" Ian proclaimed as Anthony sat too, feeling the memory foam beneath him mold to his body's form. It was pretty comfortable, plus Tempurpedics were part of fair trade, which meant that they were the same price at every retailer. The firmness could also help with posture...

They were looking for a new mattress.

Every night for the past few months, Ian had been sleeping in Anthony's bed, which was a simple queen-sized mattress. However, it had come to his attention that they both thrashed in their sleep, and paired with the fact that they were fully-grown men, it made it hard to sleep in such a small habitat. They had concluded that they needed a king-sized bed that was comfortable and not ten years old (since the bed Anthony was using happened to come with the house). It was also a little lumpy, but Anthony had been able to see past minor defaults like that because, hell, it wasn't every day that you got a free mattress.

It would be different. Buying a new mattress was more than comfort; it showed that Ian was beginning to get cosy with Anthony in their relationship. It was another step forwards in their journey to be together, and Anthony knew that they needed change. He wanted them closer, and he was absolutely certain that Ian felt the same on the subject.

Anthony bounced a couple of times to see how shock-absorbent the mattress was. It hardly shook the bed, which was solid as ever.

"You think we should get it?" Ian asked, voice muffled into the mattress. He then sat up and scooched over to Anthony to observe his reaction.

Shrugging, Anthony spoke, "I like it. Do you think it's nice?"

Ian snorted. "No shit, Sherlock. It's a Tempurpedic; no one disses those." He picked idly at the mattress tag before inquiring, "We can afford it, right?"

"No, dumbass. I dragged you to the store to sit on a mattress we can't even buy."

"You're so fucking sarcastic," Ian muttered, making Anthony crack a grin.

"Like you're not." Then, he scanned the general vicinity of the area around the mattress before saying, "Let's go buy this bitch."

The duo found an employee and asked him to help them load the covered mattress into the back of the truck they were driving (they had borrowed the truck from Angela, the girl who had played the emo girl in their kissing video) before walking back into the store and purchasing the bedding. They were given several bungee cords to tether the mattress to the tailgate of the truck before they left, which they did not use.

When they arrived home, the two huffed and puffed while dragging the mattress into the house sideways before plopping it on the floor of the living room. Then, Anthony walked down the hall to open the door to his room before noticing something.

"Well, fuck. We forgot to get a new frame," Anthony called, hearing a groan emit from the living room.

"And blankets. And sheets..."