Four Months Prior

Anthony raised his eyes from the screen of his laptop when he heard a gentle tap on his closed door. Shutting the screen (he was very private about his Internet  browsing), he climbed out from underneath his covers and leaped gracefully from his bed. Then, after taking a second to stretch, he tiredly opened the door to reveal Ian, in his boxers.

"I'm bored. Wanna sleep together?" he asked, as though it was the most natural thing. Ian was rubbing his eyes and his hairdo was disheveled. It looked like all he really wanted to do was cuddle, and Anthony let a smile graze his features.

"Of course." How could Anthony refuse? He closed the door behind Ian, who had already entered his domain. On the way to the bed, Anthony glanced at his alarm clock to see that it was already one in the morning. He had no excuse to keep himself up, so he let Ian get into his bed and followed him in. Both of them slid under the covers and adjusted their pillows to more comfortable positions; Anthony liked having two pillows, but Ian slept with one. If the one pillow was too puffy, Ian wouldn't sleep with a pillow at all. It was a weird thing with his character, but Anthony thought it was cute.

The two had slept in the same bed numerous times before, but not as a couple. It was a whole new concept, and when Ian slid an arm under Anthony's neck, Anthony could feel himself get all warm and fuzzy inside, no matter how cheesy it sounded.

"Wait... Can you get the lights?" Ian drowsily slurred, and Anthony groaned. He had forgotten to shut off the lights, and turning them off would require him to get up. Not to mention that he would have to be away from Ian, even if it was only for a second.

Throwing the covers off his body, Anthony swung his legs over the side of his bed again and slipped out, padding over to the light switch beside the door and flicked the lights off, which thrust him into almost pitch-black darkness. The only things visible were the lit-up numerals on his alarm clock. He could feel childlike fear cloud his senses, but he pushed it away. There were no demons in the night to grab him. He used the alarm clock like a boat would use a lighthouse and made his way cautiously over to his bed, putting his hands in front of him to avoid crashing into furniture or other large objects. Feeling the cool air with his outstretched fingertips, he suddenly came in contact with a soft surface, which he instantly recognized as human skin.

"Ian?" he murmured, already knowing who it was as his hands began sculpting on his boyfriend's face. He could feel his stubble, which informed him that he was rubbing his chin. His fingers danced higher to trace his lips.

"No, the Boogieman," Ian grinned against Anthony's fingers, and Anthony had to suppress a smile himself.

Deciding to play along, Anthony gasped, "No, not the Boogieman! Please don't hurt me!"

Ian laughed threateningly. "It's all according to how fast you get your ass in this bed and kiss me."

Ignoring the direct command to get in the bed, Anthony withdrew his hands and leaned in to kiss Ian in the almost complete darkness. Anthony could feel himself groan as Ian forced his tongue into his mouth, not bothering to ask permission. Of course, it was fine by Anthony.

For a couple of minutes, the two stayed like that, and eventually Anthony let himself fall forwards and on top of Ian, who had been perched on the edge of the bed. Ian fell backwards into the mattress and Anthony laid on top of him, lips still connected. However, eventually they were forced to break apart due to a lack of air. Anthony rolled off of Ian and they crawled beneath the covers.

"Be a good little boy and don't tell Mommy and Daddy or I'll come back," Ian whispered sinisterly, but Anthony could see through the facade and sense that he was exhausted. Ian was tired, but willing to let Anthony have his way if it made him happy.

Rolling over to cuddle with Ian, Anthony wrapped both of his arms protectively around his boyfriend and rested his head against his chest. "I'll be fine... Let's just get some sleep."

Allowing a yawn to escape his lips, Ian replied, "I'm with you on that one..." He put a hand on top of Anthony's head, and his fingers combed through his hair.

For about half an hour, Anthony sat there, listening to Ian's heart beat as his grip on Anthony's hair slackened. The steady rise and fall of Ian's chest was enough to lull him to sleep, but Anthony didn't feel like sleeping. It was all to comforting to just sit in each Ian's arms and bask in the thought that he was loved.

Not knowing that he was on the verge of slumber, Anthony allowed his eyes to close.