Friday May 15th 2015

Journal,

We've never seemed so close and yet so far at the same time from the end of our journey. But I don't care. I will fight until my last breath for the boys. That's what I promised them. That's what I promised Choi Seunghyun-ah.

When the alarm clock rang and I got up, as I cooked breakfast, my mind still hazy, half-asleep, I noticed the boys were only four. Since Mum and Kwan were still sleeping, I asked the boys about Top then waited for him. After a while, I looked for him myself in every room. He was nowhere to be seen. As I came back from the bathroom, feeling more and more confused, Taeyang pointed at the black screen of my computer which he noticed was opened. I shook the cursor lightly to turn it back on. When my eyes fell on Top's farewell note in capital letters, I ran out of the room. I went to the entrance, looking for my purse: the itinerary wasn't there anymore! He was gone!! This is what he meant by "the beginning", he was going to his orphanage on his own! And "fight fire with fire"? "don't try to stop me or I'll kill you?"...

I had to stop him.

I hurriedly printed another itinerary and left a quick note for my mum as the five of us got ready and got out. Since I unfortunately printed it in English, Daesung, who was sitting next to me, had a lot of trouble reading it and, as I was rolling along at breakneck speed, it didn't help him relax and focus on the letters he was trying to read. And of course, since I was in such a hurry, I soon heard the whaling of police sirens behind us. My heart was beating fast as I heard them getting louder and louder. I have a high respect for authority. But this time a ticket would be my second priority after preventing one of my boys to set fire to an orphanage >< ! So I didn't stop, kept my eyes dry and focused on the road as we got on the highway to Ansung, Top's native village. I even ignored the boys' worried looks in the rear window.

However, we were soon slowed down by the traffic jam until we found ourselves completely stuck. Dozens and dozens of cars ahead of us were honking furiously at something we couldn't see and people had gone out of their vehicles, complaining. When I tried to ask what's going on, the driver in front of me, a fat old man who had obviously been waiting for hours under the hot sun, shouted at me that he was sure it involved an accident with a Black because Blacks drive like monkeys and are parasites to his country or something like that... Great, glad to know racism knows no barrier, race or gender. This must be my day -_-

Of course, the police car caught up with us. As it stopped behind us, the cops got out of the car and made me pull over before they came out to talk to me. I barely listened to them as I took out my driving license and handed it to them, my eyes still on the fat jerk and the traffic and I prevented myself from pounding the wheel in frustration. Then I suddenly heard the policeman's radio crackle with a voice asking for reinforcements at some part of the road a few dozens of miles ahead of us. When the agent asked for more details, the voice said the cause of the traffic was a young man standing in the middle of the road "acting weird" and, although he was not armed, he was said to be "very dangerous" and that the men on the spot "didn't dare" to approach him. As these words, I started the car again and made it roar wildly as I honked at the other drivers as well. The agents stepped back, startled, then ordered me to stop the engine and keep my hands off the wheel. I tried to ignore them until they whipped out their guns at my face and I gritted my teeth, feeling a cold sweat pour on my temples. Suddenly, without a warning, Daesung and Taeyang got out of the car on each side and walked towards both agents, ignoring their order to get back in the car. As he was on my side, I saw Taeyang look at the cop with pity.

"I'm so sorry." he said in Korean then gave him a light punch on the side of his head, which was enough to knock him out as he then carried him back to his vehicle and made him lie down in the backseat like a big baby. As for Daesung, he kept staring at the cop in front of him, smiling, as the poor guy's eyes widened at the sight of his colleague unconscious. He kept his gun pointed at Daesung's happy face which was now so close to the cannon that he was now brushing it with the tip of his nose playfully. For some reason, the policeman couldn't shoot and his hands were shaking on the gun. Then Daesung grabbed his face with both hands as the man suddenly yelped and struggled, his screams muffled by Daesung's palm, then collapsed on the ground with a peaceful smile on his face as Daesung grinned while he dragged him towards his partner and sat him in the driver seat of their car. Did I mention Daesung was scary sometimes? I don't think I have mentioned it enough O_O.