Sunday June 21th 2015

Dear journal, 

Feeling in good shape now, enough to continue this horrible journey into- Nah just kidding !!! Everyone is there safe and sound :D Well, even though I'm joking now, I must admit it really took me a while to realize how lucky we were to still be alive after all that shit. Besides, what kind of noona would I be to my dongsaengs if they knew I ended up the retell of that day with a gloomy face and hidden under a mountain of tissues? 

I'm currently back into my favorite hiding place, one of the bedrooms in Seung Hyeon's house, away from our new army of friends. I guess I just can't stand to type alone anymore ;P 

So, where was I? Oh yeah, back when I thought white light and black rain were going to be the end of us. Actually, I was surprised to see that I was the first to open my eyes among them. A little further away from us, I saw the soldier resting on his stomach, unconscious as well. His muscle mass had melted like ice under the sun. The blonde military looked as pale and skinny as a plucked canary now. As he was waking up from the fight, he wormed his way on the ground then opened his eyes, looked around him, looked at us, looked at himself, then gasped and looked at us again. He froze in place when the boys woke up as well. As soon as he regained consciousness, Seunghyun clung on to me and I sighed in delight as I felt his soothing warmth overwhelm me. Seung Hyeon yawned, Dae Sung shook his head and brushed the concrete dust of his beautiful hair and Jiyong and YongBae noticed the wide-eyed soldier sitting tensely on his butt a few feet away from them. As Young Bae stood up and roared at him, the rookie immediately stood up on his feet and ran away as fast as he could with a shriek, tripping on his own suit in the process as it was now ten sizes too big for him, which made the boys laugh as I giggled with them. He dashed towards the broken window and made his way through the empty surveillance room. 

I then turned my head at the concrete block under which Joseph's body was lying. Half of his face was still visible though. As I moved my neck to take a better look, I noticed his skin was now covered in shiny black lines like strips drawn with oil all over his body and face. His visible eye was white and his wide open mouth dripping with dark saliva, the empty bottle lying by his side. Everything was dead silent around us now. 

However, as we tried to stand up, I was surprised to be surrounded by more pairs of arms and stumbled again, laughing even louder than before. We all hugged, crying, laughing, crying, laughing, whooping... We were alive! ALIVE!!! We were also wounded and exhausted. When Dae Sung applied his palms on Jiyong's bleeding knee, when he took them off, we were all surprised to see the wound was still open. He tried again but it was useless as he then stared at the blood on his hands in shock then gave Jiyong a sorry look. However, ignoring his stare, his leader's eyes suddenly widened and he muttered: 

"It doesn't hurt." 

 "Yah, it does! It obviously does, Jiyong-ih!" Dae Sung replied in a disappointed tone, pointing at the droplets of blood still pouring from the scratch. 

"Can't you feel it?"

"No... I mean," Jiyong replied and his smile grew wide as he put his hands on his legs,then his stomach "it doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt anymore. Nothing hurts!"

"Really?Is that true?" I asked and turned at Seunghyun. 

At these words, he looked me straight in the eyes and gave me the most loving stare he ever gave me. His eyes welled up and I watched tears them stream down his face silently. 

"It doesn't hurt at all." he said softly, which I could see was his own way of telling me "Thank you."

"What about you, hyung?" Seung Hyeon asked and lightly punched Young Bae on the shoulder. "Does that mean I can fight you now? Come on, big boy! Show me what you-"