Wednesday May 20th 2015

Last day, boys. You can go and live your lives as you want now. You're all free. Forever.

Or so I thought.

The next day, when I woke up, the apartment was awfully quiet. Kwan and Mum were still sleeping. Yet Seung Hyeon (I know it sounds the same but as long as it's not written the same, I'm okay with that :p) was more excited than ever. His goofy smile was my main motivation during the whole morning. Even in the car, as I focused on the road, not in the mood to talk, and I let the radio on to keep him occupied, he kept staring and smiling at me insistently.

"What do you want? A cookie?" I asked with a wry smile.

"Why? Do you have any?" he asked and sat up, suddenly interested.

"No." I replied and he went back to his former position with a cute disappointed look. "Sorry." I added sheepishly. "It's an American expression. It means "Why are you looking at me like that?""

"I was wondering," he said thoughtfully, "will you cry when we say goodbye?"

His question took me off-guard and I paused to give it thought.

"Maybe. Why, do you want me to cry for you?" I asked with a smile.

He shrugged.

"I'm just asking. I know we don't share a particular bond. I'm the youngest and there's almost ten years of difference between you and me. I haven't developed any special power to impress you. I'm not as funny as Seunghyun or as smart as GD, I mean, Jiyong. I'm clumsy, I'm annoying, I'm gullible... I just wanna make sure that in the end, I still have marked you as much as the others, you know?"

His words moved me. That was probably the most sincere statement he ever made in our whole journey together. Surely that kid is smarter than I thought. As I kept an eye on the road, I turned and put my hand on his cheek with a smile.

"Of course, you marked me, pabo-ya! Besides, you definitely made a good impression at home! Ever since she met you, my mother keeps talking about you on every occasion. She says that if she could, she would adopt you. Can you imagine that? We'd be brother and sister! That's a bond I definitely don't share with Young Bae or Jiyong!"

Seung Hyeon faked a smile and kept watching the road in silence. It was easy to tell my argument did not convince him. I guess I understand why now. How could a flirtatious guy like him be satisfied to be called "brother" by the girl he tries to impress? I sighed, amused.

"Fine. Don't worry, I'll make sure to buy onions on the way to cry loud enough at the right moment. Will that be enough to prove my good faith?"

"We'll see." he said, pouting. "Anyway, I also wanted to talk to you in the name of everyone on the team." he said with a sudden serious look. "I just wanted to say "Thank you". For everything. We didn't say it enough to you, I think. Thank you for saving us, thank you for taking care of us, for teaching us everything you know about the world, for sacrificing so much for us. Most of all, thank you for not having given up on us. I guess we really needed someone who believed in us. And thank you for changing Seunghyun so much. Without you, he'd definitely be lost. Or dead. Twice. You don't seem to take it into account but we think you truly have what it takes to be a great heroin. And we're glad you've also changed because of us. It was a great honor to be by your side and, no matter what you do when we separate, I will definitely miss you a lot, noona."

I felt my heart melt, feeling so abruptly overwhelmed with gratitude I could not even smile at first. However, I suddenly blinked and grinned.

"Still not crying. Nice try though!"

"Damn it!" he said and put his face on his fists, exaggeratingly disappointed in himself.

For the fifth time we went to a city we knew nothing about: Bucheon. We followed the itinerary as faithfully as we could and it took almost an hour to park the car. It felt as if we were in the first city again T_T. When I stopped the engine and we came out of the car, I observed Seon Hyung. He hadn't said a word ever since we entered the city. I didn't dare to disturb his concentration as he probably tried to look for memories. He kept looking around. Unlike the other boys, he didn't look either tense or worried.