Chapter 1

One thing every girl is confused about, boys. Can you just be friends? Or are you going to have to face the fact that you are meant to be something more with someone. Let me just tell you, boys are confusing.

"Trauma 2!" A doctor yells as Meredith and her interns rush into the trauma room.

"Doctor Bay, we need you over here!" Doctor Hunt yells as I run over to him.

"Mr. Jenson here needs some stitches on his head, can you take care of this? I need to assist Grey in surgery." He says as he takes off his gloves and rushes into Trauma 2. I put on a pair of gloves and I start my work.

"Mr. Jenson, how did you get this nasty cut?" I ask as I put the needle through the cut and move to the other side of the open wound.

"I honestly don't remember, Doc." Mr. Jensen answers confused. I look at him confused as I pull out my surgical flashlight.

"Can you follow the light?" I ask as I notice his eyes are red. The patient starts to flat line as I turn off my light.

"Page Neuro! Give me the paddles!" I scream as the nurses bring over the paddles. I grab them as I rub them together.

"Charge the paddles to one hundred, clear!" I put the paddles on his chest and side as I shock him. The shock didn't work.

"Charge the paddles to two hundred, clear!" I shock him again to see that it hasn't worked. I check his pupils to find them none responsive.

"Brain dead, we lost him." I say as I put the paddles away. I sigh as I look at the clock.

"Time of death, 11:52 pm." I announce as the nurse writes it down in the chart. I take my gloves off and sigh.

"You paged?" Derek asks as he looks at the patient to see them disconnect his ventilation. I shake my head signaling he didn't make it.

"I'm going to go tell the family." I tell him as I walk out of the ER.

-------

I push the elevator button, as I wait for it to come. I'm terrible at giving bad news to the family.

"Hey, you okay?" Meredith asks as she runs over to me. I sigh as I shake my head.

"I just had to tell a wife holding her kid that her husband, the kids father isn't coming home." I tell Meredith as the elevator door opens. We both climb in as she sighs.

"Derek kicked me off of Neuro for the rest of the week, he needs to stop bringing our personal life into the hospital." She rants to me as I sigh.

"Want to go to Joe's? I need a drink." I ask her as she nods.

"Jamie!" Jackson Avery calls my name as he runs over to me. I take a moment to admire his appearance. He is wearing his light blue scrubs, with his light blue scrub cap on. His blue scrubs bring out his adorable blue eyes, and not to mention he is just a handsome boy.

"Hey!" I tell him as he stop in front of me. I smile as he smiles lightly back at me.

"I'm doing a facial reconstruction, do you want to scrub in with me?" He asks as I look over at Meredith as she winks. I look back at Jackson and smile.

"Of course." I tell him. I say goodbye to Meredith as Jackson and I walk into the patients room.

"Why did you bring in a beautiful lady?" The man asks as he winks at me. I laugh along with Jackson as I stay behind Jackson.

"Doctor Bay will be scrubbing in with me for your facial reconstruction, she is the same level as me, she is very good at her job." Jackson says as he looks over at me smiling. My cheeks turn a hint of red as I smile back.