Chapter 6

Being away from the person you love is hard, but so is long distance relationships, once you leave, you will realize something, do you really love that person to come back? Or did you just think you were in love with them and you'll find someone else?

Jamie's POV

"So I called Cleveland, and they said I can start my fellowship Monday, but I still don't know if I'm taking it, what do I do?" I ask Meredith as we walk down the hall, to the E.R.

"Well, you're moving away from Jackson and I, you need to watch Zola grow, you are going to stay, aren't you?" She asks as we grab our Trauma gowns. I sigh as I tie the back of her gown.

"Maybe, it's just, I feel like I need a new start, but at the same time, everything is here, my best friend, my childhood, the guy I love, not to mention the best coffee ever." I tell her as we walk outside, putting our gloves on.

"Talk it over with Jackson, I'm sure he will help you. I think you'll regret moving so far away from him." She mentions as an ambulance pulls up. I sigh as I grab the clipboard from the paramedic.

"35 year old male, his car hit a pole after a drunk driver who is in the other ambulance, hit him. Serious head trauma with possible internal bleeding." The paramedic says as Meredith and them rush him inside. I run up to the other ambulance, opening the doors.

"21 year old male, caused a car crash as he was over the drinking limit. Both legs are broken as we hear a murmur from his chest." The paramedic says as we rush into the trauma room.

We cut off his shirt as I cringe. The patients chest is purple, while his arm is torn apart.

"Page Plastics, Ortho and Cardio." I order the nurse as she quickly walks out of the room, I look back at the patient and notice his forehead is bleeding. I check his pupils to see one of them is blown.

"Page Neuro! We need to go straight to the O.R. right now!" I shout as we quickly put up the ledge to the gurney, moving out of the trauma room. I see Cristina and Jackson rush to my side.

"We were paged?" Cristina questions as I run with the gurney.

"We are going to the O.R. Shepherd is meeting me there, his left pupil is blown, his arm looks like a dog toy, and his chest looks like it's been painted a dark purple." I tell her as we all cram into the elevator.

"Did you eat breakfast?" Jackson whispers as I ventilate the patient.

"Seriously, now you ask? Yes, I had some coffee." I tell him as the elevator doors open. He sighs as they start rolling the patient into the O.R. room.

"That's not breakfast, Jamie." He tells me as he grabs a face mask for himself and me. I sigh as I look at him, he starts scrubbing in, I sigh as I lean against the sink next to him.

"Jackson, you are moving to Michigan and I might be going to Cleveland, so what are we doing?" I ask as he looks at me confused.

"I might not even be moving, I was thinking about you and I, so I called Michigan and I told them, I turned it down." He says as I cross my arms.

"You turned down one of the best hospitals in the U.S.? Are you that stupid?" I shout at him as he glares at me.

"Oh so now I'm stupid that I believe in our relationship? Thanks, glad to know I'm the only one that cares about what ever "this" is." He throws his towel in the disposable and walks into the O.R. I sigh loudly as I take my mask off leaning against the sink.
-----