Chapter 15

I never thought about heartbreak. I mean, I never knew what it would feel like either. But when someone leaves you, that's when I knew I had my heart shattered. Yes, I have had so many people go through my life and left (like my mother) but I know my mom is always with me. When I think about Meredith, I don't feel like she's with me. I feel empty, because I have  nobody to go to anymore.

Jackson's POV

It has been almost a month since Meredith walked out of our lives and I can tell it's affecting Jamie each more every day. She keeps her feelings hidden, and it hurts to see her so alone. I try to be there for her as much as I can, but it's not the same. I'm just not Meredith.

"Have you heard from Meredith?" I ask April as we walk into the ER. She shakes her head as she scrolls through her tablet. I sigh as I sit in a rolling chair, April looks up at me.

"How's Jamie holding up with everything going on?" April asks as I look up at her.

"I don't know, and that's what bothers me. I want to know how she's doing, but she's keeping herself bottled up. I don't like seeing Jamie this way, April. We avoid all conversation about Meredith. Sometimes, like yesterday, we accidentally stumbled across it when I asked her who her Maid of Honor was. Her eyes became filled with hurt, I felt terrible." I tell her honestly as she nods her head, looking at me sympathetically.

"You know, she asked me to be her maid of honor." April says as she chuckles softly. I look up at her, smiling softly.

"That's amazing April, thank you." I smile great-fully at her as she chuckles.
-
Jamie's POV

Thanksgiving Day; 6 months and 3 weeks.

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Jo tells Jackson and I as she takes the stuffing out of my hands. I pass her a fake smile as I walk into Meredith's and Derek's home. I rub my hands lightly against my baby bump, biting my lip. Six and a half months pregnant and it still feels like just yesterday I got knocked up.

Jackson comes up behind me, wrapping his hands around my bump. He places his head in the crook of my neck, as I give into his warmth.

"Hey, are you going to be okay?" Jackson whispers as I nod my head. I turn around and smile at him.

"I love you, go hang out with the boys." I tell him as he kisses my cheek, walking over to Alex with a beer in his hand. I sigh lightly as I walk down the halls into her old room. I see pictures of her family all across the room.

I sit down on her bed, as I pick up the frame next to her bed, smiling at the photo of her and I at Kepner's wedding. I slowly set it down, letting a few tears fall as I notice glass shattered inside her trash bin. I pull the bin closer towards me, picking up the 'Post-it' slowly. I tear up more as I see Derek's name scribbled across the blue post it. I start bursting out laughing as I wipe tears away from my eyes

"Jamie, will you hel- why are you laughing?" April asks as she sits down next to me. I start laughing as I look at her.

"M-Meredith is gone! I have nobody to turn too! Next Jackson is going to walk out of my life and I won't have him anymore, I'll be alone. Everybody leaves and I haven't gotten use to the fact that I'll be alone, raising this baby." I start laughing as April pats my back awkwardly.

"Jackson is not going to leave you, Jamie. You'll have people, you won't be alone. I'll be here. Come on, Dinner is ready." April grabs my hand as I set the post it down on their bed. I sit down next to April and Owen as Jackson sits across from me.

"Jamie, will you please pass the- get off your phone!" April snaps as I stand up quickly, receiving a call from an unknown number.

"Hello? Meredith?" I ask quietly as everybody lays eyes on me. I hear breathing in the receiver as I stare at Jackson, blankly.

"Jamie, please stop reaching out to me. I'm fine, Zola is fine, everything is fine! Derek's gone, and I'm free." Meredith says as I scrunch my eyebrows up, laughing.

"You're fine? You just lost the love of your life, Mer. You can't just say you're fine! Why don't you care, Mer? You don't care how I feel, you just left me!" I scream as I see everybody's face soften.

"Jamie, you know I needed this. You out of all people never left my side, Christina left, and now Derek. I need to be alone. I'm going to be fine, Jamie." Meredith says as I hear the ocean in the background, I back up from the table, covering my right ear.

"You know what Mer, I get it, but I want you to know that you should've counted on me to be there for you. I need you to be there for me too. I miss Derek, a lot, but I miss you a lot too. Please, come home. I need you here." I tell her as her breathing becomes silent.

"Bye, Jamie." She says as she hangs up. I slowly move the phone away from my ear, as I have tears in my eyes. Everybody stands up as I shake my head.

"She hung up, and I don't think she's coming back." I tell them as I look down at my phone, closing my eyes. I feel arms wrap around me, barely, as I sob on Aprils' shoulder.
-
One week until due date; 8 months and 5 weeks over.

Jackson's POV

"Everything is set for the ready next month, all you need to do is go to your tuxedo fitting next week, February 2nd." April says as I walk down the stairs, leading into the lobby. I laugh as I press the elevator button.

"April, can't you just show me one photo of Jamie in her dress?" I ask her as she laughs, shaking her head.

"No can do soldier, I didn't let my husband see me until the wedding day, so you need to wait, Mr." April tells me as I groan. The elevator door dings open as we walk into the ER.

"Jamie? What the hell are you doing here?" I ask her as she closes a chart she was looking at, as she turn toward me quickly.

"I wanted to check up on a patient before I head back home. I just finished the last check up with the OB until the due date. Look, it has your figure." She points toward the scan of our baby. I chuckle at her as I kiss her slowly. She smiles into the kiss as I hear a cough behind us.

"Looking for patients in Bay's mouth, Avery? Doctor Webber needs you in Trauma 1, third degree burns to a woman's face." Owen tells Jackson as I stroke his arm slowly. He smiles down at me, before giving me one last peck on the lips. He walks into Trauma 1, as I'm left with April and Owen.

I hold my stomach as I wobble over towards a chair near the ER reception desk. I sit down slowly, as April looks at me questionably.

"You feeling okay, Bay?" She asks as I nod my head slowly. I rub my hand over my stomach, as I feel another pain shoot up my side. She sees my reaction to the pain as Owen grabs a wheelchair. I feel a warm liquid roll down my thighs as I start panicking.

"Jamie, your water just broke, you're going into labor!" April screams excitedly as I shoot her a glare, shutting her up.

"No, no, no! I'm not ready to be a mom, can't she stay in here longer?" I snap as April helps into the wheelchair. Jackson walks out of the Trauma Room, racing toward me.

"Y-your water broke?" Jackson asks as he places his hand on my stomach. I smile at him as he looks up at me quickly.

"I'm going to be a father!" He exclaims as he kisses me lightly. I smile as April pushes me to a patients room.

It's all happening, and I'm surrounded with people I love. I'm not alone, and Meredith's not here. I'm finally starting to be okay again.
-
Yay! They are becoming parents!

I hope you guys liked it, I have chapter ideas in my head right now about how the next few chapters are going to play out, so bare with me while I try to update quickly!

Thank you guys for the 9k reads! I'm honestly so shocked people like this story! It means the world to me. I always notice the people that comment and add my story to their reading list and it means the world.

Love to all, see you very soon.