Chapter 16

Important Authors Note:
Hi! I'm updating this story (finally), but I have a new task at mind. It' concerns the tv show The Flash. Please, please please, leave an idea what you think about my idea. I have ideas building in my head about it, and I'm so excited to see if you guys like it. I mean, this will be my favorite story to write, but sometimes it gets boring posting to one story. Thanks guys!
-

There's one rule when walking into a hospital, becoming a patient. Expect the unexpected. Actually, scratch that, that's not a rule. That's an instinct the patient gets when they lay in their bed, patiently waiting for news to come their way, good or bad. You can't be surprised by the outcome, because there's two sides to life, good or bad. So don't panic, stay calm. Have patience. Have faith.

Jamie's POV

"Why aren't you coming out?!?" I scream as I start panting harder, throwing my head on my pillow, groaning in pain. Jackson sighs, grabbing my hand tight.

"Babe, you're doing great. Just a few more hours and we will have our little baby for the rest of our lives." Jackson tells me, trying to sooth me down. I snap my head towards him, glaring at him.

"Did you just say a few more hours? It's not going to be a few more hours! Jackson, please tell me I'm not going to be in this pain for a few more hours!" I scream as he looks taken back. I groan as I hold my right side again, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Jamie, you're only a few centimeters dilated. You're at two and you're suppose to be at ten." He tells me as I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Oh thank you Captain Obvious! It's like I'm not a doctor!" I reply as he rolls his eyes at me. I start getting more irritated towards him.

"Jamie, I understand you're in pain right now, but please don't take your pain out on-" I interrupt him quickly.

"NO! You don't understand this pain! How would you like it if a baby was coming out of your penis and has been being created inside of you for 8 and a half months!" I scream at him as I see him grab my hand, sitting down in his chair quietly. I sigh as I throw my head on my pillow again.

"So I see you're doing alright?" My OB, Doctor Kimberly, jokes as I smile sweetly at her. Please give me drugs to make this pain go away.

"Oh, so now you're nice to somebody?" Jackson tells me as I snap my head in his direction, glaring at him.

"She has the drugs." I mumble as he chuckles lightly at my words. I see Doctor Kimberly laugh as she checks my dilations.

"Well, you will be here for a little bit longer. Your little girl does not want to come out." She tells me as my eyes widen. I never even realized to ask what the sex of the baby was, but now I know.

"It's a girl?" I ask lightly as tears fill up in my eyes. Jackson grabs my hand, squeezing it lightly. Doctor Kimberly nods her head lightly as Jackson stands up, crying happily. He kisses my forehead softly as my whole mood changes.
-
I pop another ice cube in my mouth as I watch Jackson talking to his mother outside my  patient room. I sigh lightly as I hear a small knock on my door.

"Doctor Bay?" One of the nurses on the floor, walks in the room, checking on my vitals. I smile at her as she gives me a sympathetic look.

"How are you feelings? Only 7 centimeters dilated, you're almost there." She tells me as I smile weakly at her. My gaze goes back to Jackson as I see him staring at me through the window. He smiles cheekily at me as I turn my attention back to the nurse. The nurses pager goes off.

"You have a visitor, can I let them come up?" The nurse asks as she puts her pager back on her hip. I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion.

"Sure, will you please tell Jackson to come in here?" I ask politely as she nods her head, walking outside. I see her talk to Jackson, as he nods his head, walking into the room smiling.

"Do you know who's coming to see me?" I ask him as he shakes his head, kissing me gently. I smile lightly as he pulls away. I look towards the doorway and I feel my heart rate increase.

"Meredith?" I breath out as Jackson looks over towards her. He sits down next to me, grabbing onto my hand tightly. He knows me to well to leave my side right now.

"You were right, I wanted to be alone. I didn't know how long I wanted to be alone, but I never wanted to miss this, miss your life." She tells me as she grips onto Zola's hand. I bite my lip, thinking this is more painful then my contractions.

"I get you wanted to be alone Meredith, but all you did was left me a note. You never returned my calls, the last time I heard from you was thanksgiving! Everybody missed you, and they were worried sick about me because I wasn't the same." I let a few tears fall as I hear her sigh.

"I can't do this right now, I'm trying to be okay without you. I thought that I need you in my life to be complete, but I realized I was wrong. I need people that will stick by me. Jackson sticked by my side when I was falling apart. Please Mer- AHHHH" I cut off my sentence as I scream out in pain. Jackson shoots out of his seat in fright.

"I need Doctor Kimberly in here right now!" Jackson screams as nurses ask Meredith to leave the room. After many protest coming from Meredith's big mouth, she leaves, causing some of Jamie's pain to go away.
-
"The baby is in a fatal position, we need to do a C-Section in the next hour." Doctor Kimberly informs the couple as Jamie's eyes become filled with fear. Jackson grabs ahold of her hand as tight as possible, knowing she was thinking the worse about this outcome.

"Is our baby going to be okay? I know, it's silly for me to ask because I'm a Doctor and I should know, but it's my baby, my kid. I'm really scared." Jamie admits to Doctor Kimberly, as Jackson brings her hand up to his chest, kissing it every so often.

"If we do the surgery in the next hour, yes, but I'm worried about her shifting, causing the umbilical cord to go around her neck. I'm going to try everything I can go make sure that she comes out alright though, Jamie. Don't be scared." The doctor says as she pats Jamie's leg lightly. She lets the nurses come in, prepping Jamie as Jackson follows the Doctor outside.

"Doctor, how do I believe you aren't lying when you say she shouldn't be scared? Our child could die, and you're brushing it off like its nothing. My fiancée is scared out of her mind, please don't push her over the edge. I love her very much, and I do not want to see her depressed." Jackson informs her as she turns around, giving Jackson a sympathetic look.

"You're a Doctor, and so is she. I'm trying to comfort her the best I can, as well as preparing her for the worse. Don't worry, I care about this very much for it to go wrong. I know what I'm doing, and you need to have faith in me. You need to have faith in Jamie." She tells Jackson as she turns on her heels, walking away. Jackson stands there, stunned at the words that left her mouth. He looks in Jamie's room, seeing her sobbing in her hands while his mother tries to comfort her.

"Please help my family." Jackson whispers as he watches Jamie look up at him, tears falling harder at the sight of him hurt.
-
Dun dun dun.

I know what you're thinking, I'm a terrible person. I'll update soon, I promise.

Please read my authors note at the beginning of this chapter. It's important to me I get some kind of feedback that people would read my story. I'm really looking forward to writing it, but I want to make sure people would read it.

And I just wanted to let you know, that I make up the opening credits (like in every episode of Greys how a character says something the describes the plot of the episode) I come up with it, so I hope they are okay!

See you soon, and comment please!