Chapter 20

Until death do us part. I know that's meant for Jackson and I, but I would like to think its for Meredith and I as well. She's my person. She has always been my person. So when I watched her get hurt, it was like living hell. I was weak and fragile, and I was scared out of my mind. Why am I so stupid? Everything good in my life gets hurt, all because of me. Stupid, Jamie.

Jamie's POV

"So I just dropped off Abby at daycare, you're picking her up right?" I ask Jackson as we walk down the hallway of the hospital. He nods his head, smiling at me.

"Yeah, I'll pick her up. I have a board meeting until eight. I hope Chinese is okay for dinner, because I don't feel like cooking tonight." Jackson tells me as I chuckle softly.

"When did we become that couple?"

"What couple? The sexy couple that turns everybody's heads? Probably when you started dating me, of course." That earned Jackson a slap in the arm.

"No you idiot, the old married couple that actually has their life planned out. I can get use to this." I mumble as Jackson wraps his arm around my waist.

"Well, you better get use to it. 6 months ago you vowed that you would-"

"Never leave you, and I don't plan on it. You better not be doubting me, Avery." I tell him as he chuckles back at me.

"You think I would've married you if I had doubts? Look at this little thing." Jackson holds up his ring finger, showing off his wedding ring. I smile to myself, as I lean up on my toes, kissing him lightly.

"You know how to smooth talk your way out of trouble." I chuckle at him as I wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his around my waist, pulling me closer

"You have a few minutes? I can smooth talk you into a few other things." Jackson mumbles against my lips, smirking down at me.

"I guess I do, but we have a daughter already. Don't try anything to special." I joke as he pushes us into an on-call room, as I giggle loudly.
-
"I was paged?" I slap on my gloves, walking into the trauma room, quickly checking the vitals of the patient. I notice Meredith's presence, but I don't acknowledge her.

"This is Samuel Smith, he's 57 years old, he was involved in a multi-car pile up. We are still doing the follow up, but I needed an extra set of hands in here, so I paged you." Meredith tells me as she continues examining his head. I start feeling his stomach as I hear the patient groan.

"Order a head CT and page Neuro!" Meredith orders Ben as he quickly walks out of the room, as Meredith continues examining Samuel.

"Where am I? Why am I here? Is Tessa okay?" Samuel frantically asks, trying to sit up, but Meredith and I hold his shoulders down.

"Sam, you're at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital, you're going to be alright. Your wife is getting checked out like you, I'll update you as soon as I can." I tell him as he looks at me, with his eyes wide. I can see Meredith tense up, but she quickly relaxes as she notices my gaze.

"I'm good here, Doctor Bay. I'll page an intern to come in. Can you please go find information on his wife?"

"Doctor Grey, are you sure you-"

"I'm positive, please just go." Meredith snaps at me as my gaze hardens. I quickly pull off my gloves, storming out of the trauma room. I quickly walk into the next trauma room, noticing Owen and Amelia working on Samuel's wife.

"The husband wanted an update, is their anything good I can tell him?" I ask as Amelia nods her head.

"Nothing neurologically wrong-"