Chapter 13

Would you ever consider the chance that you just might be wrong for once? I know, you probably would have never guessed that someone knows more than you do. Well, sometimes you need to put the battle knives down, because you could of risked everything just to prove you were right.

Jamie's POV

"Wheel him to operating room 3, I'll be there shortly." I order my interns as I quickly walk into the scrub room, to see Jackson scrubbing in with Meredith by his side.

"What the hell is going on? You think you can replace me on MY CASE?" I scream to Jackson as Meredith turns quickly, looking at me.

"Jamie, I have to side with Jackson this time. You need to take it easy, this isn't good for you or your baby." Meredith tells me as I quickly glance at Jackson, as he stares at me unhappily.

I grab a face mask as they keep watching me, I shake my head as I grab the soap bar, washing my hands throughly.

"Jamie, come on, don't ignore us now." Meredith says as I turn off the water with my elbow, holding my hands up.

"You guys don't have to give up surgery, the thing you love, you don't know how hard it is. I CANT JUST STOP! Jackson, I know you want the best for me, but have you ever thought that this might be the best for me?" I question as I walk into the O.R., not getting an answer out of him.
-
"Bay, hold the liver while I try and get this clot." Meredith orders as I follow her directions, staying very quiet.

"Bay, Avery, have you started wedding planning yet?" Derek asks I start laughing. Jackson looks my direction as I start laughing hysterically.

"N-no. Man, I don't know why I'm laughing, and I'm sorry. But, I-I can't stop laughing! But no, we haven't started yet, and I don't know when or if we will." I say as I finally stop laughing, as Meredith and Jackson give me blank stares.

"You know, Jamie, as a wedding present to you, I'll buy the blue post its." Derek jokes as he throws a quick glance towards Meredith, smiling. I ask the nurse for succession.

"Can we not talking about that right now? I need to focus on something more important." Jackson snaps as I feel my breathe slow down. Ouch.

"So I'm not important anymore?" I ask him quietly as Jackson sighs lightly.

"Jamie, I didn't mean it like that. I meant to say it's not as important as this patient right now. Okay?" He snaps as I bite my lip. I look at Meredith as she focuses her face on mine, reading my expression dead on. She gives me a sympathetic look as I sigh.

"Mer, I'm sorry for snapping at you." I whisper lightly as she looks up at me, nodding her head reassuring everything is okay between us. I bite my lip and close my eyes as I feel something wrong.

"Jackson, something's wrong." I whisper as I back up from the table, looking down at my stomach. I close my eyes tighter as I feel it again.

"Jamie? What's going on?" Jackson asks as he looks up from his work. All eyes are on me as I keep backing up.

"Nurse, get this mask off of me." I order as she quickly walks up to me, taking it off. I take off my gloves as I bend over, throwing up all over my shoes. After I'm done, I stand back up as I feel my stomach get another shooting pain run through my body.

"Page Doctor Kimberly, tell her I need a check up." I ask as the nurse calls up to OB. I look over towards Jackson as he fills in Mark on where he's at in the surgery. Moments later, he rushes over towards me, as he takes off his surgical gear, as well as mine, and helps me walk out of the OR, not saying anything.
-
"Well, there's nothing wrong with you or the baby. However, you were getting severe cramps due to stress, which caused you to throw up. The bad news is, I'm ordering you to take maternity leave a little earlier as expected for how far along you are. These four and a half months weren't difficult, but I need you to lay low for a little while. I don't want to cause stress on the baby to the point of death. I'm sorry, Doctor Bay." Doctor Kimberly states as Jackson takes my hand, squeezing it lightly. I nod my head as she picks up the chart, walking out of the room. I lay my head back on the OB bed and sigh.

"Are you going to say I told you so?" I snap as he sighs lightly. I look at him as he shakes his head, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"No, because I know you wouldn't want that. I know how much surgery means to you, and I'm trying so hard to make you happy, but I just can't give you what makes you the happiest." Jackson sighs as he tears up. I choke up as I grab his face, wiping the tears away.

"Jackson, I didn't mean what I said before. I said being a doctor, surgery, is the most important thing to me. It's not, being with you and caring for this baby is. You are my happiness. I'm sorry for worrying you, I shouldn't have started working again. I need to take a break." I cry as he wipes my tears away, holding me. Our moment is interrupted when everybody walks in. Meredith, Cristina, Alex, and April.

"How are you doing? We heard what happened." April says as Jackson takes my hand, holding it up to his chest, smiling at everyone.

"I'm fine, but we have decided, that I should take my maternity leave earlier than expected. It's putting to much stress on the baby, and I don't want anything happening to the baby. I want a family." I smile at the last part as Jackson squeezes my hand tighter.

"Have you guys set a date on the wedding?" Meredith asks as I look up at Jackson. He turns to everyone and answers.

"I think we should have it when our baby is born. Maybe a month after she/he is here. They could celebrate the experience with us." Jackson answers as I smile. He's perfect.

"It's going to be perfect." I whisper as he smiles down at me. He pecks my lips as I think, in just 4 and a half months we will be married.
-
I hope you guys liked it! Please comment what you thought, and what you think is going to happen next chapter!