Chapter 28

"Great leaders don't set out to be a leader... They set out to make a difference. It's never about the role- it's always about the goal."

Jamie closes the door as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake her two family members at this time of night. She walks into the kitchen, sighing loudly, before placing her purse on the counter. Her feet pull themselves out of her sneakers, pouring herself a glass of wine after a long day.

She almost screams when she finally pulls herself out of her daze, seeing Jackson focused on paperwork spread across the table. Jamie pours her husband a glass before walking over to him, kissing his cheek lightly.

"I didn't even notice you there." Jamie mumbles at her spouse, sitting down across from him. He looks up at his wife, cracking a grin.

"I'm glad you're home safely, baby." Jackson replies, kissing her lightly from across the table.

"What are you doing?" Jamie questions after they pull away, looking down at the paper spread across the table.

"I'm looking at Dr. Webber's and Dr. Minnick's reports from the last year." Jackson grumbles, sighing loudly.

"She really starts tomorrow?"

"Looks like it, Bailey has her mind set."

Jamie bites her lip, grabbing Dr. Minnick's file from her husband. "I'm going to take first watch on her tomorrow."

"What do you mean?"

Jamie smiles lightly, taking her wine glass with her as she travels over to her husband, sitting on his lap. "I mean, she's going to be in my sight. She is not going to take control over Dr. Webber's job, I just won't let her."

"You're hot when you're serious, you know that?" Jackson kisses her neck lightly, causing Jamie to giggle in response.

"I hate you." Jamie mumbles, before Jackson lifts her up, laying her down on the table, knocking over the wine glasses.

"We will see about that." Jackson whispers in her ear, before kissing her hard.

~~~

"Dr. Bay!" Jamie hears down the hallway, turning around to see Eliza Minnick running towards her.

"Dr. Minnick, it's actually Avery-Bay now." Jamie flashes a smile to the doctor, who nods her head.

"You should really change that on your file then." Dr. Minnick tells the other brunette, continuing to look down at the paperwork in her hand, chewing away at a pen in her big mouth.

Jamie shot daggers at the women, snapping at her, "I guess I never really got around to changing it. Probably spending to much time saving lives, making friends. How's that going for you?"

The last comment made Eliza look up from her papers, her face unreadable. "I'll see you around, Dr. Avery-Bay." And with that, Eliza turns on her heel, walking away from the pissed off brunette.

"Everything okay, Jamie?" Dr. Webber asks his fellow attending, who shrugs her shoulders in response.

"She makes it really hard for me not to punch her right in the nose." Jamie mumbles, clenching her fist tightly.

Richard notices her hands clenched, slowly grabbing them, causing Jamie to relax a bit.

"We will show Bailey who really belongs, together."

Jamie looks up at her former boss, nodding her head in agreement. "And I know just the way."

~~~~
"All she wants is everyone following her way-" Jackson interrupts Jamie quickly.