Divine 1

I slammed my hand down on the alarm clock shrieking in my ear on my nightstand next to my bed. Groaning I slowly opened my eyes sealed shut with crust to look at my alarm clock to see it was 7:00, enough time to get ready for my 8:00 shift at Divino, an Italian restaurant. I've worked there for three months as a waitress. I was surprised I qualified for the job seeing it was a five star restaurant. You needed years of experience in the franchise business and the most experience I've had was working at Apple Bee's my senior year of high school.

Staring at the white ceiling of my two bedroom apartment for another two minutes I decided to stop marinating in my laziness and get up. Flinging the thick covers off of my slim body I was slapped in the face with the chilly air in contrast to my warm bed. Finally swinging my feet onto the oak wood floor ignoring the goosebumps rising on my arm I rushed over to my closet to pull out my uniform.

My uniform consisted of black pants, a red apron, and a white dress shirt tucked in my pants. I was thankful they changed the uniform requirements, before the female employees wore seductive red dresses that didn't leave much to the imagination. The men on the other hand were able to wear conservative black suits that made them look classy. Eventually the expenses to pay for cleaning were too much. Some people offered to take home the uniforms to clean but the manager refused the idea saying it required special care.

The pay at Divino was good enough to afford a two bedroom apartment equipped with a two bathrooms, one in my room and one in the hallway, a spacious living room, kitchen, patio, and small office that I don't use. The base colours of the entire apartment was black, white, and blue.

Padding across my bedroom into the bathroom I started to brush my teeth when my phone rang. I rolled my eyes and walked back to see Lorie pop up on the screen of my Samsung Galaxy 8.

Lorie and I had never met before we had an "altercation" at Wal-Mart. I remember we fought over the last jar of Leave-in-Conditioner. We thought we'd both hate each other until we finally took the time to take in each others appearance. We complimented each other on our hair and strangely exchanged numbers at the check out center. It's a weird way to meet your best friend but personally wouldn't have it any other way.

"Hello?" I answered.

"You still coming into work?" She asked. I could hear the clanking of the dishes in the background telling me she was still at work.

"I mean I have nothing else to do"

"Oh hush, but I need to tell you something"

"Okay spill"

"We're expecting this big party and they requested the VIP room"

"That's not anything new Lorrie, now I have to get ready for work so see you when I see you" I said and hung up not giving her the chance to respond.

Back in the bathroom I secretly thanked the hair god for keeping my hair bonnet on while I slept. Slipping it off I laughed at the red line it appeared contrasting against my light brown skin. Rubbing my hands in coconut oil I carefully un-braided my five chunky braids until I had a head full of bouncy curls ending five inches away from my waist. No, I am not mixed.

Brushing my teeth and having a quick shower I stepped out of my bathroom into my room. Getting dressed in my uniform I grabbed my name tag with "Aiden" printed in bold across of my black dresser. I did a final look over in my full length mirror attached to the back of my bedroom door. Satisfied with my appearance I walked down the white walled hallway to the front door and grabbed my keys dangling from the key hook next to my door.

With my keys in my hand I locked both of the locks on the door and made my way down to my black Honda Accord. Buckling myself in I made my way down the street.