Divine 2

I was alone with my thoughts in the closed bathroom stall. The occasional drip of water from the sink echoed throughout the empty restroom along with my heavy breaths were the only noises to be heard. My hands were swimming in pools of sweat at the thought of serving a room full of dangerous mafia men. What made me even more nervous was the fact that Mr.De Feo ordered I was to wait them myself with no other help from the staff. Automatically I refused the order, but he threatened to terminate my employment at Divino and I needed this job. I was just starting to pay off my student loans.

Sighing, I decided I didn't need to get to lost in my thoughts. I stood up and walked over to the mirrors.

"Come on Aiden, you've been through worse I mean you did survived high school" I tried telling myself.

" I know but this is a group of men that will kill you just for looking at them wrong" The other side of me said.

" So you're talking to yourself now?" A voice questioned.

I jumped and looked over to see Lorie leaning on the side of the door, looking at me with an amused expression on her face.

"Shut up before I kick you in your shin" I threatened, backing up from the mirror and grabbed a paper towel and wiped the sweat from my hands.

"Oh don't be mad at me, but I just came in here to tell you that they're ready to be served now."

I sighed and thought the sooner I get this over with the better. Walking out the door with Lorie behind me she patted me on the back.

...

"Remember Aiden, be polite, don't look at any of them in the eyes for too long and be confident" Marcus told me never breaking eye contact with me as we stood outside of his office. He told me he wanted to go over some precautions dealing with this type of party.

" Yes sir" I responded as I grabbed my notepad and pen.

I started to walk towards the stairs which held all of our VIP rooms when Marcus called my name.

"Remember Aiden, your job is on the line as well as the reputation of this restaurant's so I suggest you suck in all the fear you have and make sure this goes as a smoothly as possible" He finished with a warning look in his eyes daring me to disagree. I sighed and slowly made my way up the red carpeted stairs, my every step reminding me of the fear that was plunged into my mind.

...

Before I even reached the top of the stairs I smelled the smoke I smelt earlier, I slightly gagged at the scent, I absolutely hated the scent of smoke.

Looking for the room I groaned seeing they chose the last room at the end of the hall. As I passed the other rooms I could hear the slight clanking of wine glasses and cheerful laughter telling me there were other parties on the second floor. Slowly approaching the door, the floor was engulfed in so much smoke it almost resembled fog seeping from under the opening at the bottom of the door.

Standing in front of the door, my eyes caught the glint of the shiny gold plate with the letters V.I.P. stamped across the plate I could see the fear in my eyes staring at me. I stared at the wide and confused eyes until the sound of deep voices arguing gained my attention. Some of it was slurred in Italian the other coated in a heavy Italian accent spoken in English. It was hard to understand, the fact that it was muffled by the door didn't help. Breathing in a lung full of smoke, I slowly pushed open the entrance to my misery.

...

I couldn't see anything. The amount of smoke that was gathering in the room clouded over my eyes and traveled into my mouth causing me to give small coughs. I waved the notepad in front of my face to clear some of the smoke but I instantly regretted my decision once I saw the scene in front of me.

The long maple wood table was filled with men in tuxedos with cigars casually sitting on their lips along with women dressed in revealing attire clinging desperately to their arms. Some coughing from the smoke being blown into their faces and others kissing the men's cheeks. There were full wine glasses being drunken from and empty champagne bottles being passed around as if still full. I was a little impressed of how these men could handle smoking and drinking all in one sitting.

As I looked further down the table I was surprised to see two men standing opposite of each other yelling in fluent Italian. The way they were standing, I could tell there was a man sitting at the head of the table but the two men were leaned over so much all I could see was a black suit and red tie. Spit was flying out there mouths and veins were throbbing as words were being thrown at each other. I jumped as one man slammed a fist on the table sending glasses toppling over spilling wine and staining the red cover. One man was ready to punch the other until a deep and rough voice interrupted.

"Enough" The voice said calmly.

The argument simmered down to a disagreement but their was still some tension left in the air.

"I said that was enough" The voice said again but with more authority. The two men stopped and sat down revealing the man the voice belonged to.

...

There sat the Italian devil himself, a cigarette in hand, wine glass in the other.

His entire aura screamed intimidation as he sat at the head of the long table indicating he was the boss.His legs were crossed in black dress pants so neatly pressed the crease was impossible to miss. Although his chest was covered in a white dress shirt, black suit coat, finished off with a crimson red tie, I could clearly see the muscle his upper body held.

My eyes roamed up to his face and I gasped, thankfully no one had noticed me yet. His black and grey streaked hair was swooped up towards the sky and to the side with the wind. His eyes were an astounding silver color with white specks scattered around. Pink full lips were surrounded by a five o'clock shadow that matched the color of his silky hair. Overall he had a sense of maturity and mysterious to him. He was intriguing.

Deciding to make my presence known I cleared my throat and walked further into the room earning attention from some of the guest but not enough. My eyes raked over to the end of the table searching for anyone who seemed approachable enough for me to ask their order. Searching for another two minuets I saw a man sitting at the very end of the table smoking a cigar looking uninterested in the scenery around him. I slowly walked over to him not wanting to bring attention to myself too soon before I have to.

"Excuse me Sir" I asked as soon as I reached him.

He looked up at me and took another puff from his cigar before making his forest green eyes connect with mine.

"Yes ma'am how can I help you?" His deep voice asked.

"Is your party ready to order Sir?"

He chuckled and stood up from his chair and stood beside me.

"The waitress is here to serve us now shut up so I can get some food!" He yelled causing the room to go silent and everyone in it to turn and look at me. My eyes widened as he sat back down leaving me alone with the stares.

I sucked in a short breath.

"Hi I'm Aiden and I'll be your server today would you like to start off with an appetizer?"

"Give me your finest bottle of wine" The Italian accent requested and I looked up to only be met with a pair of silver eyes and a smirk.

........................................................................

Here's chapter two. I'm not really impressed with this chapter because nothing really happened I just wanted to give a description of the whole scene before going into detail of what happens. I didn't want to throw it all in your face right now. Hope you enjoyed it though.

Remember to

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Bye.