Divine 8

Am I the only person that reads a story on wattpad but it says you must read the book before that one first but I don't and read it anyway and sit there lost af.

But yeah.....so back to the story.

............................

 "So what's up with the roses and practically running out of there like a bat out of hell?" Lorie asked once we were back inside my car. I didn't say anything right away but the look on her face made me crack.

   "Well that party I served the other night had a certain guest that gave me these and I guess I got excited." Lorie didn't seem convinced by the look on her face but let it go.

   "I'm not sure that's true," She leaned in and squinted her eyes at me "I'll let it slide this time."

   "Oh please like I could get intimidated by you."

   "Don't make me call your mama, she'll tear that ass up if I told her some of the things you were doing once you moved out." She threatened and reached inside her jean pocket to pull out  her rose gold IPhone 6.

   "Lorie, stop acting like your mama won't do the same if I told her what you  were up to." I mimicked her actions and brought out my phone. "I have her on speed dial now do you really wanna play this game with me?"

   "Fine." She said defeated. "Now I must go spend all of my money on hair products." She opened the door and got out of my car. She started walking towards her car.

   I rolled down my window and yelled. "This is why you're always broke Lorie!"

   She quickly turned around and threw her hands up, " Aren't all naturals though?!" She yelled back. I shook my head and drove out off once Lorie was safe inside her car. 

...

  I decided to stop by and get a little drink to gather my thoughts around the man from earlier. Walking through the double doors of the café, I was slapped in the face with the smell of coffee and biscuits. There weren't many people in the small room except for some college students working on laptops and an old couple in the back.  The sun gleaming through large windows gave the brown themed inside a warm and comfortable feeling. Something I haven't felt in a long time.

   I walked up to the counter and ordered a simple caramel latte and two oatmeal cookies. I walked around the tables and found a booth near the back and sat alone to wait for my drink. The distinctive ding of the bell attached to the door rang and brought my attention as I looked up I saw an older white man enter. He seemed to appear no older than thirty with his wrinkled face and gray streaked fly aways on his head. His denim overalls were smudged with dirt and the red plaid shirt he wore underneath didn't seem to be in any better condition. When he first walked in, his eyes scanned the room until he found where I was sitting and made eye contact with me. I gave a small and he thinned his lips at me. Rude much.

   I paid him no attention anymore until I noticed him walk over here stuffing change in his front  pocket. I quickly averted my eyes to my phone and started typing random letter to appear to be busy. That didn't seem to hint that I was not in the mood to talk. He slid into the booth seat in front of me and finally smiled, showing his yellowing crooked teeth.

   "Hey baby girl why are you sitting alone?" His scratchy voice questioned. I almost cringed at the sound of his voice but kept a straight face as I looked up from my phone. and through the dust flying in the air. His face held secrets that I didn't want to know.

   "I just like sitting alone I guess. I don't mind it. " I said trying to stray the conversation away from me.

   "Well I don't wanna bother you honey, but I just came over here to say you are very pretty for a black girl."