Divine 6

Ok this chapter is dedicated to 

   JJdee_xx for being one of the first to read and comment on this book plus she gave me a really helpful tip on how to make this book better. So she gets a carrot.

   EbonNik Goodness gracious what can I say about this girl. Her comments are so hilarious she has me in tears. I always get excited when I see her in my notifications. I love your comments so keep em coming. Now I give you carrot.

   So give these ladies a round of applause. There will be more dedications next chapter, These were just the two popped in my head. 

   Prepare for a long authors note

   Now back to the story.

*************************

   I let out an exhausted sigh as I finally made it through the door to my apartment. Today could not have been any longer or stressful.  It was almost midnight and I just wanted to make it to my bed and pass out and forget the events of today. 

   My apartment was silent until my footsteps came thudding through. Before I upgraded to a single apartment I was living in a third story complex and I was on the third story. I had so many complaints from the people under me about my heavy feet that I had no but to move or go down to the first floor.

   The burning in my feet got even worse with each step I took and so did the tightness in my legs. I've never worn heels that long and never plan to again. I stopped in the middle of the hallway and opened the hallway closet and grabbed some pillows and a blanket that sat in the back.

   Yes I keep pillows in my hallway closet for reasons like this.

   I threw my stuff on the hardwood floor and not too long afterwords my body followed. 

   I groaned in satisfaction as my bare skin came in contact with the cool floor in contrast to my hot body temperature. The day   I closed my eyes not caring if I sleep in my contacts at this point.

   Alvaro.

   Alvaro.

   His name would not stop running through mind. The way he held me when he basically forced me to dance with him was so different than any other guys. Not like I had many to compare him to anyway. He was dangerous and I knew it but all the most exciting things are. A part of me wanted to see him again, to get lost in those silver eyes again but that would never happen.

   My mind drifted to an even more dangerous topic. What Mr. Defeo meant by saying he would make sure I would keep quiet. I instantly regretted telling Alvaro I knew he was in the mafia. It just spilled out of my mouth like word vomit. Why would I do such a thing? Most importantly what would happen to me. I can't lose my job at Divino. 

   What was I supposed to do with the more than generous tip I received. I was kind of scared to actually spend the money. I didn't know if it was real or if he knocked off a bank. 

   I was brought out of my thoughts by footsteps thudding across the floor somewhere. I instantly tensed up ignoring the pain in my muscles. I sat up, careful to keep my noise to a minimum as I crawled to the hallway closet where I kept one of my many tasers and bats. I cursed the door for creaking as I opened it and reached for my two lines of self defense at the moment. I charged up the taser just as the footsteps seized for a brief moment. 

   I slowly made my way towards the noise that seemed to be coming from my bedroom. My heart started to beat faster with each step I took. Reaching my bedroom I saw the door was slightly cracked just enough to where I could peak and see someone standing near my bed but their back was turned. I could tell it was a female by the way her body was shaped.I couldn't see her clearly because she wore a hood. I raised my bat but quickly put it down as I saw them turn around. I pressed my back into the corner next to the door frame as I heard her come closer to the door.