Divine 3

All eyes were on me as I wrote down his request , making the pen glide over the paper slowly on purpose trying to delay the time. Writing "wine" did not take long and I mentally slapped myself for thinking they would believe it took a long amount of time to write that. I heard soft coughs from the men that were smoking and despite the signals from their body telling them to stop they continued putting toxin in their body. 

   I was highly uncomfortable in this short and revealing dress as I could feel men and some women studying me. 

   Looking up and around the room I was glad to see that some of he attention had turned away from me and to each other but other stares lingered. I slowly walked to edge to the table ready to take the first mans order..or couple seeing there was a lady on his lap.

   "Excuse me sir are you ready to order?" I asked politely. 

   He didn't notice me, but the lady on his lap did and apparently she didn't enjoy my existence by the scowl on her face. She was dressed in a maroon dress that stopped just before her knees and her brown hair complemented her small face. Overall the women was attractive but that scowl just made her ugly. 

   "Ma'am are you ready to order?" I asked since I got her attention first.

   "Does it look like I'm ready" She said, her tone drowned in attitude. I don't know why but whenever I meet some new people one of them already dislikes me. That's the effect I have on people. Not those cute bubbly effects but the kind that makes people wonder why I don't socialize.

   "Sir, if you're not going to order I'm going to the next customer" I said, trying my best not to retort with the same attitude.

   He groaned and turned to look at me with as if I wasn't doing my job. I saw his brown eyes traveling down my body before finally looking me in my eyes. 

  "Well I'll have something involving spaghetti" He said and turned his attention back to the lady on his lap. She giggled and started kissing his cheek, but not before sending a look my way. The man then blew smoke in her face and she started coughing violently and it was my turn to laugh.

...

   Slowly making my way down the table, I was feeling a little suffocated by the intimidation the man of the mafia brought sitting at the head of the table. 

   "...And finally the fettuccine" The man finished off closing his menu. I was about to move on to the next guest when I felt a tap on my left arm. I turned around to see a women surprisingly sitting in her own seat as opposed to the others. She seemed safe to approach with a smile on her face.

   "How may I help you" I asked .

   " Is that your hair?" She asked as if that wasn't offensive. The thought that she might actually be nice flew out the window.

   "Excuse me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and slowly crossed my arms in front if my chest. 

   " I mean is that your real hair" She repeated. Clearly she didn't notice that I was trying to give her a chance to reel that question back in.

   " Is that your real hair" I questioned.

   She looked at me with a confused look on her face. 

   " Yeah, why do you ask" Did she not know that she just asked me the same question?

    " Why did you ask me" I said already knowing the answer.

   " It's so pretty and long, at first I thought you were mixed to have hair like that" She said pointing to my curls.

   " So basically you were assuming I was mixed because you couldn't accept the fact that a black girl can have long hair. Or maybe it was because you think all black girls have short hair and when you see one with long hair you automatically assume its weave. Let me tell you something sweetie, if you're going to think like that for the rest of your life, I won't be the only one telling you this." I finished and by the time I did I noticed I was closer to her. 

   " No it was nothing like that I swe-" 

   "Forget it". I sighed and stepped back to continue my job.

   One of my biggest pet peeves is when people ask me if my hair is real. It's so rude and disrespectful and I feel personally insulted because I am black and they always assume if you're black and have long and pretty hair it's fake. 

   With that I turned around and continued to take orders with a new found confidence that was hiding earlier. 

...

   I could feel his eyes on me as I finally reached him. Those silver orbs looking at me, studying me. I walked slowly avoiding contact and looking at my notepad which was filled with orders. 

   He was still sitting in the same position he was before when I first noticed him. The only thing that had changed was that he was pulling a fresh cigarette out of his pocket along with a black lighter. I stood in front of him waiting for him to draw his attention to me as I didn't feel like saying "Are you ready to order sir" for the fiftieth time. 

   That didn't happen.

   " Are you ready to order sir" I asked with the final smile until I had to go back downstairs. 

   He didn't answer and I didn't expect him to much like the other men, instead he slowly brought the cigarette up to his lips. He flicked the lighter and took a long drag from his newly lit cancer stick. When he opened his mouth a cloud full of smoke blocked my vision from him for a few seconds. After the smoke cleared, his striking silver eyes connected with my brown ones.

   He took the cigarette between his index finger and middle without breaking eye contact with me and no lie I was intrigued.

   "I believe I've already given my request." His voice sounded like velvet caressing your skin. It was so deep and rough. It pleased my ears so much.

   "I'm sorry sir could you repeat that I can't understand you" I said gesturing to the people behind me.

   Oh I heard him crystal clear.

   "Come a little closer and maybe you can hear me sweetheart"     

...........................................

Hey you guys....I'm alive.

I am really sorry the months of waiting, my laptop decided it would be so cool to infect itself with a virus and shut down on me. I tried fixing it myself and ended up making it worse. Apparently violently hitting the keys on your laptop when it says "configuring windows" is not a good idea. but you live and you learn. SO.. I would like to thank you all for waiting so long for this crappy update because I practically slaughtered it.

Next update will actually be interesting seeing this was just kind of a filler because it took me so long to update. again i'd like to apologize for this crappy update. Not really proud of this chapter but I'll make up for it next chapter.

Also I really love you guys for taking time and actually reading my book. It makes me so happy.

So Please

VOTE 

COMMENT

FAN

Bye