" 3

I threw all my books on the floor, tucking it under my desk. It's no use. I am usually such a hard worker but I am bothered by the fact that it's been a day and nobody at all has approached me telling me, "Hey, I added you on Snapchat." Or something like, "Sorry for the nudes, dude!" This headache has been getting to me which is why I asked one of my friends to come over.

Shortly enough, there was a knock at my door that was buried in the bottom of the house. It was like a window to me. It camouflaged as a floor shed but it's really a small composed opening just for me to open that door. I told my parents I needed to grow up and that's how I got the cool door with the basement. I don't bother stepping foot in the house's front door unless I want to 'visit' my parents or borrow something. The stairs were pretty much strictly off limits. Yeah, this is how adulthood tastes like.

Anyways, Taylor hoped into the shed and welcomed himself like usual- throwing his shoes in the corner then grabbing a snack from the pantry, lastly dropping his flat ass on my bed while rolling himself under my comforters. "Hey Matt."

I took a seat by him, pulling the blanket and grabbing some wheat thins from him. "So do you happen to know someone well, named McCoy?" I asked hesitantly.

"Huh? Na, who the hell has names like that here in Virginia dude." He laughed. Well when he puts it that way, I suppose not. Whatever, I'll just block him or something but at the same time having a new friend wouldn't be bad, like, I should talk to him- disregarding that whole dick pic. I don't respect it too much.

"What about him though?" Taylor asked me scarfing down more chips along with a soda signaling it was my turn to talk. "Uhm.. nothing really. It was just a snapchat username and I decided that I dunno.. His name is McCoy."

He nodded in approval and I sat scrolling through the usual on my phone.

It was cool having Taylor around even though sometimes we wouldn't talk that much. Nothing was ever really awkward.

I met him in middle school actually and from there he has been pretty close with me. It was hard back in elementary even though I don't remember too much. I just know I had a lot of female friends because I guess I was a depressed child and girls felt that type of sympathy for me. Those girls stopped talking to me in middle school because I had Taylor.

We met because we liked each others shoes. But it took probably two months into the school year to actually hang out with him. He got bullied because he thought it was okay to watch guys change in the locker rooms. I defended him, the girls that I hung out with in middle school were even more impressed with me. I knew I had to take care of Taylor, keeping him safe. They hated how distant I've became. Supposedly I caught Taylor's 'gayness.' It didn't bother me.

And now we're juniors. He's more popular than I am. But it doesn't matter, we've been friends when I was popular and now it's his moment. This whole popularity thing doesn't get to me. I'm not bothered because all I need to focus on school and getting out of this basement.

I love my mom and stepdad very much but I want to leave so bad already and make my way somewhere more useful. College then a good career. That's all.

"It's a Thursday night dude. Want to do anything? I might not be with you during lunch tomorrow. Just to let you know, so I need to make it up to you soon, or today." He smiled. Taylor is very secure and making sure we get treated with the same respect. "Okay."

We headed out for a small walk to a yogurt place or something. He started talking about the many different topping flavors to get but then, "Speaking of topping, is McCoy cute?" I laughed at him, we can never really go on a regular conversation without him saying something 'gay' or perverted. Sometimes being with him makes me question my sexuality- not that I'm falling for my best friend- but because he always talks like this and I get used to it and it's like... I like talking about gay things but trust me. No homo.

"I actually..." I was hesitant because I should tell the truth but couldn't own up to him and say that I never seen his face and instead, well his dick. "Go on, Espinosa." He called. I freaked out and ran across the stop sign walk way trying to avoid him. "Oh you do think he's cute!" Taylor shouted. "No! No I don't! It was a nude photo!" I closed my mouth instantly as soon as I let myself slip.

Taylor's jaw dropped then he fell to his knees holding his stomach, laughing. "YOU GOT DICK PIC! HAHA IM DYING!" He was going hysterical and I'm sure cars driving by think I just kicked him in the gut because he was clenching his stomach with tears.

"Get up dude. You're being embarrassing." I pulled his arm and led him to the yogurt shop. "Go get to topping dude." I sighed as I went to grab two fairly good sized cups. I got a little of ever single flavor while Taylor attracted himself only to the fruity dispensers. "Oh the toppings." he licked his lips before putting a little of everything. As you can see, I like the frozen yogurt, he likes the little bunches of snacks on top of the yogurt.

We did this weird game in order to see who pays. Usually the looser pays but I have been loosing a lot lately so Taylor insists we drop that game and I he just pays today, even though I do think I got a lot more than he did.

"Save your money for a date with dick boy McCoy." I laughed at his sense of rhyming. We sat outside to watch the clouds beam by as I think, maybe I should talk to McCoy. Or at least approach him with a question due to his accident in snap chatting me, if that was even an accident. I'll just wait until I get home because I won't be able to have Taylor to myself for too long. Should spend tonight with him for now.

"Hey, why can't you hang out with me tomorrow? If I may ask..." I shrugged slowly eating my froz'e yo'gerty. "Uhm. I was going to well, hang out with someone..instead o-oh of you? If that's a..alright, Matt." Oh. "Completely fine dude. It's okay. Yeah, I mean, yeah. Cool. I get it. Understood man." No I didn't. We always hung out and he never neglected me, nor did I- well in the idea of hanging out with someone else, we never left each other. Except for the time he got himself a boyfriend, but even back then I was hanging out with him and Nash as the third wheel.

Taylor sighed putting his cup down. "You're not okay are you?" No I was not. "Sorry Matt, we're growing up. We can't always be by each other's side. I know I will make it up to you." I guess so. "Sorry Taylor. Let's just go home okay?" On the walk to his house, I apologized for my jealously and explained to him how I lost a lost a lot in my life and don't want to loose him well.

"Well bye. See you whenever." I waved. He pouted. "Matt. Don't be like that. Tomorrow. See you tomorrow."

Now that I'm walking home alone, I suppose I'll message McCoy.

Hey lol did you get the wrong snapchat? 😝

With in short moments, it said FloridaMcCoy is typing...

No, I know who you are. Do you know me?

I responded.

I don't sorry.

FloridaMcCoy is typing...

Well see you next week. You know me.

[ July 12 10:52 pm ]