"7

"Ah, I see Taylor and Sammy getting along. They're like party freaks or something. Speaking of party, how about we have a house welcoming at my house?" I clapped with happiness towards Matt.

"Uhmm... I don't really do parties. Taylor does you're right. Maybe I'll go just because you're hosting." He winked before walking along with the rest of the guys.

We were greeted by them again as they asked what was up. The sky, guh. See what was attempted there? Heh.

Anyways... "Hey Matt came up with the idea of me having a party as like a hello happy welcome thing." I pat the childhood friend's back. They all agreed and said they would go, and bring a long a couple of other friends that they thought would suit my friendship with them.

"Shawn? You're very quiet. Sorry for pointing that out but you should come." I smiled in his direction. He seemed so like, how do I say this? Awkward. This kid is crazy awkward and I can't stand it. When he comes to the party I am getting this youngster out of his shell. Matt too.

During the meantime, Matt continuously showed me around school until the morning warning bell rang.

"Bye Taylor." Matt pat his back before leaning and nodded at Shawn. I stood there with Sammy. Matt gave us an irritated look. "Guys lets go to first period I'll tell you where." I made an awkward chuckle hoping he wouldn't get upset, he seems like the type to take no bullshit from anybody. "We don't have our schedules." His jaw dropped before grabbing both our wrists as he was in the middle lead between Sammy and I.

I guess we were headed toward the attendance office. When we got there Matthew requested, "I need two schedules for boys that transferred from Florida. Their names are-" I stared at Matt but I guess he was waiting for me to answer, "Carter Reynolds" I smiled "and," Matthew signaled the other to talk, "Samuel Wilkinson."

We waited for her to look through the computer. "They aren't suppose to be enrolled until Wednesday." (I don't remember what 'day' Ieft off on...i think these chapters are suppose to be on a Monday-- well leave it as Monday.)

"But that's two days!" Matthew sighed. "Sorry. We don't have a curriculum for them yet. But now that they're here, it's possible to have their schedules by tomorrow." the desk lady offered.

I shrugged and walked out the office waiting for Sammy and Matt to follow, when I turned around they were still in there. After two moments later or so, they showed up. "Took you long enough." I sighed. "Sorry that some of us cared about our educations. I asked her to change some of my classes since our old school never let me. Right now is a perfect clean slate." Sammy smiled with satisfaction. Matt held a slip to my face. "I needed a late pass for helping you two, which was really no help towards any of you in any way at all." He rolled his eyes.

I told Sammy that I'll just go home and fix up the apartment or plan the party. Something since there wasn't much for me at this school-- not yet at least.

======

Carter making me late for class. Damn it.

I walked into class with eyes on me. Shawn was in the back of class just grinning. I didn't even notice he was in here until everyone's eyes were on me and I just had to scrutinize the room.

Let me tell you, I'm never late and I don't fail tests. This is why these looks creep me out. The only time I'm comfortable with all the eyes is when I'm answering something right. Being late is not something to be proud of.

I handed my teacher the late pass and I heard people groan and some start to whisper. Its probably because they thought I was intentionally late, but my tardiness was an excuse. I wanted to laugh. "Thank you Matthew."

I fiddled with my pencil on the desk until class was over. Then a tap was placed on my shoulder. It was Shawn. "Hi." I spoke.

"Hello...." he waved and crossed his arms again. I really wonder how Taylor is talking to this guy, he's so quiet. "I was wondering...do you hate me?"

I frowned at his sudden question. I don't hate him. Do I envy him for stealing my best friend? Maybe. "I don't know you enough to hate you." I respond.

He gave me a reassuring smile before walking with me. I was waiting for him to turn any minute now but as soon as I said bye, I looked behind only to see him walking into the same class as me. Seriously, some quiet kid.

"I wanna talk to you later. Meet me before break. Please..." he commented and I nodded before we got to our seats.

There was something thumping my head and when I turned around it was a scrunched note. I didn't think people still did these type of things.

"It's about Taylor." I chuckled lightly at their little boy crushes. I hope Shawn doesn't think I'm going to steal Taylor away from him. I'm completely straight.

With the day passing by, I saw Taylor during break, meaning Shawn completely recalled what he needed to tell me. Instead, he added himself on my contacts so he could mention whatever he had to say.

"How is Carter?" Taylor asked me. I made an unsteady, careless face. "What about him. He's not what I expected really. I don't know if we'll be the same as before. Is it bad to say I'm unimpressed?" Now I know if Carter heard me say that, he would be so hurt. He gets easily attached.

And as for me. I forget things. I drop people easily. As sad as it is, I'm fine letting go and not caring about anything really.

Speaking of Carter, he sent me a snapchat.

It was him wearing a party hat with some fake gold chains and photo booth props on. I don't think these are actually his, he's probably at a store being the foolish guy he always was.

I screenshot it.

+

key
=== means change in character

[ July 30 15 - 1 am ]