13"

Matt was acting very suspicious. Like, so was Shawn and Taylor, practically everybody. I don't want to be welcomed this way.

I went toward Matt who was sitting next to Shawn and Sammy. "Can we talk?" I hovered over him. He looked at the two bodies he was in between before extending his arm for me to reach.

"What's up?" He sighed while we sat together on the patio swing. He crisscross his legs while I let my legs dangle. "Sorry for, everything? My apologies for making assumptions about you. It's just that.. this is going to be really really hard to say."

I didn't know how to approach this topic. "I LIKE YOU!" I yelled, unintentionally. He stared at me with a blank face. "Thank you?" Matthew said. It broke my heart to know that he had no other response.

"You're mad aren't you? I'm sorry. What am I suppose to say to a guy who left half my life and suddenly comes back by snapchating me?" Matthew furrowed his eyebrows.

"Will I ever get you to like me? I promise you that there's something I can do to make you like me. I like you so much Matthew, I always did so.. any way you can find some room.. in your heart?" I didn't want to look at him because I'm basically fighting rejection.

"I already like somebody. I think we're something. Sorry, Carter." he tried grabbing my hand but I swat it away. "Friends?" He asked.

"No. I can't be just friends. I've dealt with that case for years now and I think I've finally broke. Sorry." I got up with the pressure on my legs for support.

Before I went down the stairs back to his basement bedroom, I stopped in my place and asked, "Is it a girl or guy?"

"....Guy."

And with that I walked off, like nothing else in the world mattered.

When I got into the room, I had all eyes on me. Sammy glaring into my soul while Shawn and Taylor glancing from each other. My heavy footsteps made it obvious that my mood wasn't the brightest.

"He said no." I sighed toward Sammy.

"Who said no?" Shawn asked.

"I like Matt. He said he likes someone so I guess that's it. I'm done?" I sighed. "Uh, this doesn't affect anything by the way. I'll still be friends with all of you but if you don't mind. I really have to go... tell him I said bye, no harsh feelings."

I snapchat Matthew one last time:
So, I guess that's it. I really like you, I truly do but our timing was possibly off. And it's alright. Another time maybe. I've waited this long and surely I can wait longer. I want to try my best not to give up on you. Maybe one day. I'll still be around but no promises that I won't control myself.

mattspinosa took a screenshot!

••••

Everyone gave me a rude look once I got in. "Omg I can't believe you said no!!!" Taylor yelled at me while shaking my shoulders.

"It's not like I said no. He basically explained how he liked me. He didn't even ask me anything. I never actually said no." I explained to them with my arms crossed.

"I saw his snap text and screenshot it if you guys want to read... debating if I want to delete everything I've ever screenshot or not. I feel.. eh." I sighed.

Taylor gave me a massive hug that basically broke my heart. It makes me guilty for almost having sex with his boyfriend. "Hmmm..."

"It'll be alright. He doesn't hold grudges that long bud." Sammy pat my back. "Yeah. I know. I've known him for a while remember. But I don't think I need the comforting. I think you guys should visit him and just yeah.. he needs you guys more than I do."

And with that Sammy and Taylor agreed to go off and hang out with Carter. "But Shawn? You gonna stay and do homework with Matt?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah I've been needing to ask him to help me. I have the chance now. If it's okay with him." Shawn looked at me and I nodded. Wanting to have a huge smile on the inside.

As soon as they left. I looked out the small crack to see if they left the drive way yet and they have. Once that happened I happily hopped down the stairs and threw myself into Shawn.

"Hi baby." He smiled while bringing me down to kiss his lips.

"I feel so bad. Help me forget." I frowned. I feel bad, so terrible but, what am I supposed to do. I've never been in a relationship. I don't even know what Shawn and I are but since I've never experienced this, it feels so good to actually have this connection. I don't want to stop and I've actually been wanting this so bad.

I pushed myself off him for a short moment to reflect on what I've done. "I want to know a few things. Just before anything happens. Please."

He nodded.

"First. Do you think it's bad of us to sneak out on our friends backs? Secondly. Why do you like me? Third. Should I give Carter a chance anytime soon?"

"Oh... you know all these questions-- except for number two-- are tough you know I want to say no but I'm certain the answer should be yes.. And I like you because of the innocence, what you do, so inspired by you and all that you're capable of. Taylor he.. lingers and just chills. You're dedicated and I want that in somebody. Besides, Taylor's slept with a ton of people. I want you to be my first because I know I'm yours."

With one tug I pulled Shawn's shirt off and roamed my hands around his chest. "You're so cute and sweet. I'm glad you're the first guy I got to experiment with."

"Now let's finish what we started back at that party." Shawn smirked and brought his lips with mine.

••••

Little did they know, Sammy wanted to go back into the basement to get his phone charger but was interrupted by the sounds of moans and skin slapping.

[ oct 25 ]