11"

This whole time I thought Matt was gay though. I mean like, I really really thought so. That's why I was hitting on him. That's why I wanted us to be more than friends during that day I saw him at the laundry matt. Hah, 'Matt.'

But yeah.

"Carter can you open the door?" my mom called me through the phone. I took a quick glance at the whole house just to make sure everything is in the right proportions.

"Guys my mom and dad are almost here!" I shouted making sure all of them gather in the living room at once.

I saw her and looked directly at her, she scoped the area and seemed please. "Who are these boys... " she asks with generosity. "Oh that's Taylor, Shawn, and maybe you know this boy." I pointed at Matt.

She got closer and instantly, she dropped her bag and started reaching for his face. "Matthew? Matt.. Espinosa?" Her arms flung over him. "Hi mom number two. I missed you." Matt giggled embracing her just as tight.

It was nice seeing Matt with my mom. He use to call her mama2, but hey, after we get married, she will actually be his mom.

"Oh Carter. I trust you with the place. I guess we'll bring everything to your house and you have these two boys to help!" My dad agreed and all the guys stepped outside to bring all of me and Sammy's stuff inside the house.

====

I wanted to personally address this situation with Matthew. If he was really gay, if he needed 'experimenting' to figure out his orientation.

We were walking around the plaza causally. Weather was nice and trees swaying breezily. "So Matt, glad you decided to want to hang out today." I started.

"Yeah. I was going to hang out with Taylor today but I decided it's probably better for us... and Taylor's upset right now."

"The whole Shawn thing?" I kind of rolled my eyes knowing that I was probably just a rebound hangout for the day. He nodded and we stopped by a shaved ice truck.

"Do you think you're actually, gay?" I asked awkwardly while dispensing the flavorful colors into my bowl of shaved ice. "Uh. Well it was something different yesterday, with what's his face." I saw his smile caving in, almost as if it were a weakness he was trying to hide.

"I see that face. I can tell... you liked it. Well, I know we've been friends for a while and all, that's why I was wondering if maybe I could help you get out of that trace, or maybe fell into it deeper?"

"You want to see if I'm gay? That's all you had to say, dude."

"WELL YOU DID SCREEN SHOT MY NUDE ONCE!" I laughed and hit his shoulder.

"True. I could be... Okay. Fine, for the next few weeks, or maybe more, you'll be my boyfriend. I'll see how I feel walking around with a guy by my side to call mine. I'll see if I like this attention from a guy, I want to know how it feels for people to look at me different. I want to be gay." Mathew said confident like it didn't matter at all. "I believe I am gay, now you're here to make me sure of it."

I smiled at his response.

I guess Matthew is finally my boyfriend! But only one thing left. "Matthew..." I whispered. I pressed my hands against his neck and slowly placed my lips against his.

"How did that fee-" Matthew started to connect our lips together again. I don't know how he felt but I'm sure it felt as nice as how I felt. I loved the feeling and the rush. It was very loving.

"Amazing." Matthew panted. Very well then. I gathered our hands together as we walked along the mall. Few looks on our intertwined hand. I asked Matthew if he was comfortable with it, and surely he was.

"If this is me, I need to embrace it."

I started to wonder how his whole life was back then, all the time without me around. "So you and Taylor? You never had a 'more than friends' feeling with him?" I awkwardly asked.

"Uhm. Nope. Never. But yeah, I've gotten jealous whenever he was never around to hang out but besides that. No feelings whatsoever. I have never had a girlfriend either." He frowned.

"It makes me wonder why. Espinosa, you're still the same cutie you were ten years ago!" I plopped his nose with the tip of my finger.

We still continued our way around the mall with intertwined hands. He had to use the restroom so I guided him and when we did open the door, it collided with the overly average familiar male.

"Shawn... hehe, hi." Matthew introduced awkwardly. Shawn raised his hands up and hugged Matthew tightly.

"Shawn lets... oh." Taylor rolled his eyes and started to grab a paper towel.

It was awkward in that one room. "I see, you found somebody to hangout with." Taylor said under breath. "Well yeah, if you're busy today, I can't see why I shouldn't be."

With that Matthew walked to the urinal and I turned around and looked at the mirror fixing my hair. Shawn was still washing his hands while Taylor left as soon as Matthew snapped as him.

"Does he like you?" Shawn asked while pumping some soap onto his hands. "I would hope so. I like him." He gave me a rude mysterious look. With that there was a slap to my face before Shawn stomped off.

I heard Matthew zip up his jeans and walk over to me. "Well damn... what happened? Heard you guys whispering then a slap then some stomps." Matthew explained.

"He doesn't like how we are close. I mean the kid did confess his feelings to you, which weren't mutual. Right?"

"It's not that they... weren't. It's that.. I mean, Taylor likes Shawn. And Taylor has always been there for me so how wrong would it be if I-"

"Wait. You're saying you would date Shawn?" I asked, holding in my jealously. I started to quiver my lip unintentionally. "Uh. Yes?" He seemed so unsure.

"Matt! Gosh we need to figure you out. And that's why I'm here. You piss me off. Gay, straight, gay, straight, I don't wanna hurt my friend, straight, straight, straight!" I started to stomp my feet and yell at him, basically letting the anger overcome me.

Soon enough I felt his hands against my waist as his lips upon mine. "Don't get angry for my choices. And thank you for trying to figure me out but I got it all by myself okay."

And just like that, he walked out of sight.

10/16