" 6

It started when my parents would buy my happiness. I was miserable in Florida. But hey, buying things did give me happiness. The money did make me happy honestly. But then, we were moving.. again.

I told them that I don't ever want to experience it again. Like, I don't want to leave anyone. I'm popular off my ass and everything and once I leave I will have to redeem myself all over again. It shouldn't be hard though.

"Fine. Take one of your friends with us. Well pay for his college tuition." My dad bribed me and so I called up someone in particular. He agreed but I still need consent from his parents, which mine are happy to convince.

While packing up back to my home state, I found a ton of old things in the back of my closet, one being my 'jar of secrets' um, I suppose I had secrets in there? Under the jar it was dated 2003-2004. When I opened it there was note the size of a fortune cookie. It said "best friends mom."

Oh now the idea of Matthew came back in my mind stirred me to place. I was too afraid to call him so I put his number down in every social media I had to see if there were any connections.

I found him on Twitter and Snapchat. That's all. This phone number must of been handed down to Matthew because I expected to find his mom but these profiles are all his.

And to think a week ago from today, I would be reuniting with my childhood best friend.

When I did see him, it was a shame he didn't know who I was at all. I felt heartbroken.

I walked into my house slamming the door. "Aw sweetie, I'm sorry that we couldn't fly your whole wardrobe here yet but we can't bring all the furniture until we get our home." My mom sympathized. My mom and dad has to stay at the apartment they got me because they were waiting for the old tenants to get out our old home so they can occupy that.

"That's not the problem mom..." I sighed. "I bumped into Matt today." Her from increased into a smile. "He didn't know who I was."

You think he'd actually remember, considering I snapchat him three days before we bumped into each other. And oddly, I didn't think I'd ever see him again, shirtless, and at a laundry matt. I already had a feeling we would go to the same school and that's where I wanted to connect with him.

I am so embarrassed for seeing him there.

"Gotta go catch up with old friends! I told them we were moving back a month ago! Bye hun." My mom smiled grabbing her purse before leaving the tiny apartment fit for two.

Then a door opened from the third floor. "She gone yet?" My roommate called out. They don't always get along, he just feels uncomfortable with her around. Gladly it's a three story house. Well it's more like, garage, living rooms plus kitchen, and then bedrooms type of apartment.

"Let's do something dude. Stop mopping around! You'll see him at school tomorrow." he approached. "Speaking of school, it's tomorrow. So no doing anything. I need to be responsible or else my mom said she'll shut this whole plan down and make me move back in with her."

See, this is Sammy. My first instinct when my parents insisted I take someone along with me to Virginia. He is eighteen and on his last year of school, which is why my family says they'll pay for his college. Even though he's a year older than me, he still doesn't take things serious. Hey, I don't think things serious either but at least I know what's up. He doesn't.

"Night Sam." I said walking up the stairs, waving before I could go off to bed. I sent Matthew a snapchat message before putting my phone away. Two minutes later I became anxious. I opened the app only to realize he read my depressed message but did not reply.

-

It's our first day at school.

I see Matthew with two guys, he's oddly standing against the one with a bandana as he leans on the locker holding the notebook to his chest.

It's my opportunity to save him. I slowly sneak up on him and raise my hand against the locker. "You again." I smirk his way.

"Oh.. hi. Wow can I say I am just so sorry! Uhm, like I can't be- I oh, ... Carter.." He started panting and gradually piped down after realizing that he was going on mumbling.

The guy with the bandana did the opposite of facing his back to Matthew and drew eye contact with me. "Oh hey, I am Taylor." He shook his hand out. "This is Matt.. and you're here because?" He smirked looking my way. "I know..." he already gives me a poor vibe. "You're McCoy aren't you?" Uh... how does he- oh so Matt does talk about me. "No, silly that's n-" I got off Matt as I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yes I am but call me Carter."

"Shit." Taylor mumbled under breath. "Well sorry for the attitude, I get kind of protective over him." Aw, glad to know Matt is in good hands. I see the guy behind him reach for his hand. "Oh this is Shawn." He waved. "And this is Sammy." I pull his hand and make him look at everyone. "And I'm Matt. Ah oh, g2g." Matt awkwardly spoke as he did some weird walk.

I looked at Taylor as he seemed to be looking at Sammy, Shawn was looking at Taylor though. "So guys. Care to show me around?" I asked as they gladly agreed. "Let's get Matt first though. Ah, this should be fucking like buck wild as hell. I think we will all be friends." Taylor elbowed my hip as we went after Matt. "Dude. Like your vibe." Sammy smirked.

I started to run after Matthew. There was a lot of catching up I needed to do. On another note, he looks amazing and absolutely, wow.

"Wait why are you back here? Weird to just disappear... then come back." He frowned. I put my arm over him.

"I had two years starting school in Virginia, why not end two years of school in Virginia?" I mean it seemed pretty valid. I'm not too sure if it was my main reason but it makes sense.

I stopped him from trying to walk, it looked like he was avoiding me. If anything, I don't want to make him uncomfortable. "What do you say we catch up?" It's for the best, plus I would like to maybe see him as more than a friend?

"Isn't that what we're doing already." he grinned taking my arm off of him. "I told you I'll be your guide in this school.. isn't that right.. dick boy Florida McCoy?"

I guess that's my new nickname.

+

Finally carter pov right hell ya okay but it's up to you to figure out whose pov bc i won't mention it aha YES

[ July 14 15 3:28 ]