MR. LOVE SUCKER

"No one ever listens to me in this family." Gabriel sighs as he watches his brother rummage around his study. "Camille's stubbornness as a vampire rivals that of our dear brothers and yet he insists he can convince her to kindly return the one thing on this earth that can kill our family line." 

Frowning at the stress marring his face Caroline rubs his back in hope of offering some comfort. Gabriel looks down at her and only manages to give her a pained grimace, quickly looking away from her. Although slightly confused, Caroline assumes he was overwhelmed with everything going on. 

"Okay, so what's the plan? Cami's out there with the white oak, and I'm not gonna lose one more person that I care about." Hayley crosses her arms with a matching frown. 

Elijah briefly looks between the three and sighs. "Niklaus can handle Camille. 'Til then, I'll keep Aya distracted." He pulls out a wooden scroll out of a desk drawer as Hayley raises a concerned brow. "Why don't you just kill her?"

Elijah looks away in slight confusion as Gabriel snorts. "She and I have history."

Hayley and Caroline give the man a deadpanned expression. "You two had a thing?" 

He sighs looking wistful. "Aya was a towering intellect with an insatiable curiosity. Passionate, fearless, and something of an outcast. Long ago, I invited her... to join a rather elite company. I determined she was perfectly tailored to bear the responsibility of an immortal life. I made her like me."

Caroline gapes at him. "She was one of the first Strix! I still can't believe you created a group of super vampires by the way."

Ignoring her latter comment he says, "We cared for one another deeply. Together, we created a fellowship unburdened by the limitations of man. It was the pursuit of a glorious new world. And then Father... Led by that unquenchable desire to slay his children, Mikael descended, accompanied by a small army. He laid to waste everything that I built. So... We had no choice but to run. Aya did not. So, when Tristan found her, he rescued her. She, of course, came to see him as something of a savior. And, in time, beneath his corrupted guidance, they made the Strix what they are today...a hive of depraved and ignorant savages. And she's never forgiven me." 

Caroline makes an annoyed face. "If she really loved you she would have went with you, Elijah. She has no right to feel abandoned when she's really the one who left you. If you ask me, you and Klaus have the worst kind of taste in women. Aside from Cami, but I am not sure if I agree with that statement right now." 

Elijah's expression becomes one of slight amusement and then falls. "Very kind of you to say, Caroline... But I am not entirely certain I have ever forgiven myself."  

Gabriel clears his throat. "How do you expect to keep the woman entertained, Lijah?" 

He holds up the scroll. "With a little salt in an old wound." And he leaves the room.