Water

Lana

It's the insanely bright lights in this room that make me go slightly mad. I've never seen lights like these; unbelievably white, spreading across the small condensed room. It makes my skin paler than it already is, so pale my veins are like an ocean blue. The room is white enough with it white open walls, you don't need lights. Also the fact that my hands are tied behind my back, the cuffs gnawing on my skin like a dog on a bone.

But all of this only makes me slightly mad.

I'm actually fucking mad.

I was taken from my home out of the blue. I remember each second ever so clearly, the memories in my mind exploding.

"Mom, what's happening? Why are they taking me?" I yelled, trying to shake free from the large men. They wore all black. Black coats black pants black boots black masks.

But my mother knew just as much as I did. She screamed, trying to raise her hands to release a wave of water, but the men were holding her down with so much force she couldn't move a muscle. My father wasent home, he was on the job, his regular night shift. I looked at the stairway and spotted my younger brother Finn, staring innocently. I told him it's okay. I told him to stay put. And he did. "Lana?" Was all he said, all he could say.

He was the last person I saw before I felt a needle jab into my neck. They put me in the back of a van, but I was too groggy and tired to fight. I simply laid there and cried until I fell asleep.

It all happened so fast, too fast. I woke up in here, and I've been here since. All I've seen were people in protective suits bringing food and water in. I talked to them, trying to get answers on why I'm here. But they don't listen, it seems. And as much as I've wanted to use my power to hurt them, I don't. Besides, they aren't the people I should be mad at. They are giving me food and water, I can't risk getting in trouble and losing that privilege. Well, even though the only food they give us is fucking stew.

Nonetheless, whoever is the leader of this is the one I should be mad at.

But I don't know who that is.

They have to have the same water element as me, though. They have to. That's just how it goes. People stay with their own element. I've never seen a different element before, and I don't plan to. My parents warned me about the others. Fire, earth, air; those are the other elements. Although we appreciate the actual elements, we despise the people. Why? Who knows. We used to all be together, but people have a way of finding something to argue about, it's our nature. It must've been so bad that we had to separate.

But why do they want me? What have I done in my seventeen years of life that has made them take me away?

I sigh, feeling angry as ever, but also weak. The white room is small, bright, annoying. The first day I was here I did nothing but yell and scream. Nobody came. I could have died the first day and they wouldn't have cared. Now I don't even now how long I've been here. It goes by slow, with nothing to look at but a white video camera in the corner.

Someone's watching me.

Though that's never stopped me from saying and doing what I want.

But unfamiliar footsteps do.

I hold my breath. I usually hear the familiar footsteps of boots, the people coming in who bring me food. But these are different. I do hear one pair of boots, but the other is quieter, shorter.

Scarier, if that's even possible.

The door opens, darker light appearing from the outside, and I see a shadow of a man.

"Who are.." A needle goes into my neck, and immediately my face smacks the floor. I can barely see his actual face, and the sedative kicks in fast.

"Water." Is all I hear him say, and I hear a pen sliding on paper ever so smoothly.

Water. Of course water. That's our element...

"Wh..." I'm too tired, too confused. My muscles relax, and I find myself going under.

••••••

Hello! So the next three parts will show the other three characters. These are just short little chapters so you can get a feel for each character!

THIS IS CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING, so if you see a mistake, feel free to comment :)

I hope you enjoyed anyway! What do you think of Lana? Comment and vote please!!

Thank you! 💜

Next character: Fire