Chapter 12

Paytah

I reach for the door, but it's somehow locked.

"No." I mumble, hopefully quiet enough so the others don't hear.

Cause none of us deserve this shit.

"It won't open?" Aira asks, but a second after fire is flying at the door, and I punch it, all the pieces flying above. Lana laughs a little. "Nice job."

I climb out first, looking down right away to help the others out.

"Freeze!"

I stop, Aira's light blue eyes glancing at me before all the men in front of us, holding their guns.

"I'm sorry." I say, though I don't know why. It could be my fault, why I didn't just kill those two right away. I don't see them, either they killed or spared them.

"Paytah." I hear Lana mumble, and I look at her. She looks down at her hand, which has water dripping from it.

She wants to fight.

I lite my hand on fire, and we both attack.

The fire and water goes everywhere, and that's when the screams appear. I run into the fire, lifting up a man and punching him, knocking him out in just a second. I grab another man.

They took me.

I punch him. I grab another.

You're using me.

He goes unconscious. I grab one more.

You wont win.

Just when I'm about to pick up another, I fall. A horrifying feeling consuming me. I grab my shoulder, rolling on the ground.

"Paytah!" I barely hear Aira, all I heard was the loud sounds, which is still ringing in my eardrums.

I can't feel anything. But the feeling hurts like hell.

"We got him. Get the others." I hear someone say.

I want to move. I want to move so badly, but  there's a pain that's holding me back, a pain that's gone all the way through my flesh.

"Hey!" I hear Lana.

Get up. Get up, dammit!

I try to push myself up, but my right arm fails me as I crash back down. I scream, trying to fight the agonizing pain.

"Fucking hell!" I let out a murderous scream, enough to make everyone silent for a moment. I force myself to look at my shoulder.

I almost throw up.

White ooze and dark red cover the my flesh. The small hole looks black, the bullet went right into my skin. I feel like I could die right at this moment.

They don't want me dead. They don't want anyone dead.

I let out a chuckle, feeling all the eyes on me. "You won't."

I feel arms lifting me up, and I explode in screams, but manage a laugh.

"You can't kill me!" I yell, looking at the sky. Nobody says anything.

"You need me. You'll have to restart the tests, you need me, you son of bitches!"

"Someone knock him out!" I hear a man say.

"I'm important. You need all of us-" I look at the others, they're faces filled with horror.

Cause I'm a fucking mess. They don't know the real me. The fucking kid who was supposed to get the water element, the kid who's parents hated him, the kid who can never love anyone.

I yell when I feel the needle go into my neck. Aira gasps as it goes in, making my eyes widen and my knees weak. I lay my head on the dirt, my vision foggy.

"I'm sorry." Is all I can say.

***

I wake up standing, and I gasp at the shock. I pull forward, only to be stopped by chains.

Shit.

"Ah, you're awake." I hear the familiar voice.

Hanson.

I look across the room, seeing Aira, Lana and Juris also tied up with chains, looking at me. I look down at my shoulder, which hasn't been fixed, but the bullet is out. Hanson smiles at my reaction.

"You won't kill me." Is all I say.

But all he does is shake his head no.

"You see, you think you can do whatever you want. But, you do realize we can simply...replace you." Hanson says.

"You're going to start over?" Lana asks.

"As you can see, your friend here hasn't been..well, cooperating, very well. Do you remember what happened a little while ago? What we told you?" He looks at me. I look down, remembering it well. If I kept on figuring stuff out, they would get rid of me.

"Yes." I mumble.

"I also looked up more about your childhood-"

I cringe at those words. No. I don't want anyone to know.

"Are you going to kill me?" I blurt out. I look down at the chains around my hands, seeing the glowing orange of fire.

"Sadly, yes. It's necessary."

"What?" Aira blurts out.

"You know, Paytah. I really thought you were going to be good. Let me say, you were interesting. Did that come from where you were first raised?"

"Paytah?" Lana looks at me, confusion on her face. Juris looks shocked. Aira looks like she's about to cry.

I hope they don't hate me. They just might be the only people that don't.

"You three will have to start over. Blame it on your friend here." Hanson looks at me and pulls out a gun. My body freezes. The once hot blood now is ice cold on my shoulders.

The chains get more heated.

The gun clicks.

Aira cries out.

The barrel gets put to my head.

The chains break.

I grab the gun, throwing it out of his hand. I grab his throat, seeing the smoke flying in the air. I stop when he screams, and run over to Aira, burning her chains. Then Juris's, and Lana's.

"Let's go." I say, looking down at the two hallways. A commotion comes from the right.

"Left it is." Juris says, and we all start to run.

"Let's get out of this hellhole." Lana says.

"Forever." Aira mumbles, and we run our fastest out of this place.

••••••
HELLO!!! Finally another chapter!

Sorry it's been so long, but here it is!!! Pleaseeeeeeeeee COMMENT! Idk about continuing this story, so let me know what you think!

Thanks!