1~ Safe

MICHAEL's POV

Luke looks and me with fear in his eyes.

"Shh it'll be okay" I coo giving Luke a kiss on top of his head reassuringly.

"Hide behind me" I say to Luke. He does as told and stays close behind me.

I open the door slowly and see a tear stained Ashton crying at the door.

"What are you doing here?!" I ask loudly.

"Was I not good enough for you?!" He shouts through his tears.

"Ash-" I sigh before being cut off.

"Mikey, what's going on?" Luke says standing next to me.

"Did you even love me? Was I ever good enough?" Ashton cries infront of me.

"Ashton just let me-"

"No Michael! Did you just use me to get to Luke?!" He screams.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Didn't you read the fucking note?!" I scream back at him.

"WHAT KIND OF FUCKING BASTARD BREAKS UP WITH SOMEONE THROUGH A NOTE?!?!" He yells his face turning a dark shade of red.

"I DO. IM TRYING TO PROTECT MY BEST MATE BUT WITH YOU BEING SO FUCKING CLINGY YOU CANT ACCEPT THAT!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Luke slowly steps away from me when I'm not looking. But I feel it. I know it.

Ashton scoffs at me.

"Ashton" I say calmly looking at the ground. "Get out" I say.

"Do you-"

"Ashton fucking irwin, I said get out of my house and my sight" I raise my voice.

Ashton turns around and walk away from our room. I sigh heavily and close the door. I turn around and see Luke staring at me with glassy eyes. He looks at me in fear. God I bet I look like the fucking devil with such a temper.

"Oh Luke" I sigh sadly hugging him. He cries softly on my chest. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you"

"You broke up with ash?" He sniffles looking up at me. "Because of me?"

"Not completely so don't blame it on yourself." I say rubbing his back comfortingly. He pulls away and sits on the bed.

"Can you tell me why?" He asks.

"Well, ever since that whole day we spent together, I never realised how beautiful, um I mean, uh attractive, you were. When we looked at each other for a while I felt a connection. I don't know how I didn't see it before since we always hung out and acted like a couple but were just good mates. And I didn't want to hurt ash so I just left from what we had after you and I kissed. And when that happened, I didn't know what to feel. I felt happy, because you shut me up from babbling by kissing me and before, when I kissed you, it felt like I was flying. But I also felt bad for Ashton and Calum. Knowing that we both cheated on them. And now I just feel terrible for scaring you with my temper. I just couldn't control myself. I was so pissed" I start crying.

"Hey hey stop crying." Luke says putting his arm around me.

"It's my turn to comfort you" he says pulling away his arm and cups my cheek. He wipes the falling tears and looks in my eyes.

"You have gorgeous eyes" he smiles lightly.

"You have breath taking lips" I say mindlessly staring at his lips. Before anything else, he smashes our lips together.

CALUM's POV

I wake up with an aching pain in my jaw, and a massive headache. I stand up and see that the room is messed up and that there's glass shattered on the floor.

I stand up and walk towards the bathroom. I look in the mirror and see a dark purple bruise on my jaw. Oh god. I run out of the bathroom, and search around the house looking for Luke. Once I search the whole house and find out he's not here, I grab another beer and curl up in a ball, sobbing that I drove the love of my life away.

Wait you fucking idiot! You have a phone!

I quickly grab my phone out of my back pocket and search for the contact.

'Lukey ❤️'

I press the phone against my ear and wait.

'I'm sorry I couldn't reach the phone right now. Leave a message after the beep and yea'

I cry harder knowing he didn't answer my phone call. God I just ruined my life by swigs of alcohol. I leave my message and lock my phone.

I just should've told him earlier. I just should've told him instead of suffering without him.

LUKE's POV

Michael instantly places his hand on the back of my neck warmly. God kissing Michael felt so good. The things he said to me, our little play fights, the way he sticks up for what he wants to do. It's not just those things, we've known each other for years back. Before we knew Ashton even existed. And Michael was always very attractive. I'm just shocked I haven't been thinking like that lately. I guess Calum blinded my vision. Oh Calum. I don't know what to do with him. He and I were almost perfect. There was just something that was drifting us apart. And it wasn't just that he hide stuff from me and lied. There was something else. But that's the past. And like I said before I have to enjoy the present.

Without realising it became a French kiss, Michael pushes me back on the bed causing me to giggle. He smiles and pulls away and goes for my neck.

I tilt my head allowing him access to my delicate skin. Suddenly, I hear a phone ring but ignore it. Michael on the other hand pulls away.

"Aww" I pout playfully sitting up.

"We had to stop. It was gonna lead to sex and you know that" Michael laughs getting up and grabbing the phone.

Suddenly I see him tense up.

"It's Calum. What do you wanna do?" He says through gritted teeth.

Instantly a feeling of fear washes over me.

"Wait for voicemail" I quiver.